Chapter 3

A/N idk if you guys have noticed already but the chapters alternate from Dipper's PoV to Wirt's PoV so this chapter is in Wirt's PoV. Okay, thanks for reading and please vote and comment! :)

I was preparing for bed and replaying the days events in my head. A lot had happened. We unpacked most of our things into our new house and Greg and I had chosen our separate rooms. Once most of the unpacking was done, Mom suggested that we should go sight seeing our new town, Gravity Falls. Of course, I protested. I was tired after moving all the boxes but she insisted. She found the most popular tourist trap in the town, which was called the Mystery Shack.

At the Shack, there was a boy was running the cash register who was probably a bit younger than me. I couldn't keep my eyes off him for some reason. Maybe it was his blue pine tree hat he was wearing that made me stare at him, maybe it was his pink nose or his messy brown hair. I don't know. I just kept sneaking glances at him, thankfully he didn't notice. All I knew for a fact was the girl running the register with him (who I guessed was his twin because of how similar they looked) was named Mabel.

After Mabel's lunch suggestion of Greasy's Diner, that's exactly where our family went. She was right. The pancakes were absolutely delectable. The rest of the day was a blur because all I thought about was going to the Mystery Shack tomorrow. Greg had made me promise after he embarrassed me in front of the cashier boy.

Anyway, now I'm crawling into bed, getting my rest for tomorrow which would no doubt also be very eventful. I closed my eyes while thoughts of the Mystery Shack boy flooded my memory. I was close to drifting off completely when I felt a slight tug on my tee shirt sleeve. My eyes fluttered open revealing Greg with a look of distress on his face.

"Did you have another nightmare, Greg?" I asked him quietly. He nodded his head 'yes' and I lifted up the sheets so he could climb into my bed. Greg had nightmares often after we got lost in The Unknown. I was used to letting him sleep in my bed when his dreams were particularly bad. Greg crawled onto my bed almost silently and I yawned.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked sleepily.

"No..." He replied.

"Okay, sleep well, Greg." I closed my eyes and drifted off. Little did I know that once I fell asleep, Greg had started to cry.

The Next Day

Sunlight broke through my window and landed on my bed, causing my eyes flicker open. I groaned weakly. I really didn't want to get up and go to the Mystery Shack today. Wait, maybe I'll see that cashier boy again! I leaped out of bed, suddenly excited to start the day. I couldn't really explain my sudden burst of fervor. I didn't know why I wanted to see that quiet and slightly mysterious boy again, I just did. Something about him intrigued me. Greg fidgeted in his sleep and soon enough, woke up.

"Morning Greg!" I said.

"Wirt, is that you? You're never this cheery, especially in the mornings." I laughed at his comment, he was right; I was never happy in the mornings, or anytime really.

"Yeah, it's me, Greg. Aren't you excited to go to the Mystery Shack today?"

Greg's eyes widened in realization, "Yeah!" He yelled, jumping out of bed.

"Ok then, let's get ready so we can leave soon."

Greg ran to his room to prepare for the day. "Ok!"

Once Greg left my room, I started dressing in jeans, a red tee shirt and, converse. After that, I walked downstairs and prepared myself a cup of tea. The only problem was, I couldn't find the teapot. All of our stuff was rearranged now that we had moved. Oh well, I guess I can survive the day without my daily cup of tea. Greg came pounding down the stairs, dressed and excited to leave.

"I'm ready Wirt!" He said with a huge smile. I smiled at his cheeriness and I looked at a clock, which read 10:27 am. I'm usually an early riser but I guess I was really tired after yesterday's strenuous box moving.

"We should wait for Mom before we leave, after all, she wanted to go to the Shack again," I suggested.

"That's fine, we can watch TV until she's ready. Wanna watch TV with me, Wirt?" Greg said, staring at me with his expectant eyes.

I ruffled Greg's hair and responded with one of his famous phrases, "Sure, brother o' mine."

Once we settled in the living room, I began to think about my excessive cheeriness this morning. I wasn't usually this pleasant with Greg. The truth is, once Greg and I came back from The Unknown, I had become a lot more loving towards him. I didn't want to neglect him like I had done before. My negligence almost led to Greg sacrificing his life for me. I would never be able live with myself if I knew I had caused his death.

I was pulled from my melancholy thoughts when I heard my mother's shoes lightly tapping the staircase as she came downstairs. I could hear her gasp when she saw us dressed and ready to head for the Shack.

"What are you boys doing here? You look like you're ready to leave." I looked at her; she was dressed in day clothes as well.

"We were waiting for you so we could go to the Shack," I replied.

"Well, since you two are ready to go, I don't see why we shouldn't. It's 10:49 now, it should be open by the time we get there." Greg turned off the TV and leaped off the floor since we didn't move the couch in the living room yet. "Let's go!" He squealed.

The car ride was especially uneventful. Nothing even remotely interesting happened. Thankfully after 10 minutes or so, our smallish car pulled up into the dusty parking lot of the Mystery Shack. I was trying my best to hide my excitement to see that boy again. I wish I would have gotten his name. Well, hopefully, I'll learn his name today. My brother and Mom left the car and I followed soon after. Greg ran ahead of my Mom and I, clearly unable to contain his eagerness. Soon enough we reached the door of the run-down shack and entered. Almost instantly, as if by fate, my eyes crossed paths with the register boy. He's here.

A/n hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter if there's anything I can improve I'd love to hear your feedback. Anyway, please vote and comment! Your votes, reads, and comments are what motivate me to write so I really do appreciate it. Bye lovelies :)