Chapter 5: Dr. Inventor

About a three years went by and Derpy and her father lived happily with their new lives. But her father was always inventing these new kind of gadgets and tools. He would spend about half of the day inventing and the other half with Derpy. Derpy was fine with that process.

One day Derpy was in the living room playing with a card game and her father was in the next room which was the office inventing.

Then Derpy heard her father yell "I did it!" Derpy got startled and trotted to the next room to see what her father was raving about. She looked around and found her father with a small device in his hoof. "Daddy, what is that?" asked Derpy as she stared at the strange object. Her father turned around and said joyfully "This device allows me to take out a fire with a few chemicals andthe squeeze of a nozzle!" Derpy looked at the strange red object and asked "Why are you obsessed with building things that can take out a fire?" asked Derpy curious. Her father looked down and said "Because it will make a safe world!" Derpy still looked puzzled but said "Well show me how it works!" said Derpy a bit exited. But her father's inventions did not always go as planned. Her father put the device down and picked up a pair of glasses. He put one on himself and gave the other to Derpy. He grabbed a plastic cup and a match. He lighted the mach then lighted the cup. Derpy placed it on her head. "Okay!" said her father a bit scared. He picked the invention up and began a countdown "In 5-4-3-2.."

Before he could say one there was a knock on the door. "Hold a sec!" said Derpy's father as he put out the fire and put down the invention and walked toward the door. He opened it and standing there was a pony with a black mane and grey fur. The stranger spoke in a sharp tone and asked "Are you Doctor Hooves!?" Dr. Whooves nodded and replied "Yes sir! What may I do for you?" asked Dr. Whooves a bit scared and confused. "You have been late for all of your payments for your house!" said the stranger in a sharp tone. "I'm so sorry sir, I just.." But before Dr. Hooves could finish the stranger said "If you don't start paying your fines we are going to take your house away!" The stranger turned around and walked away. Dr. Whooves stood there in shock.

Derpy walked up to her father and asked "What did he mean by taking our house away!?" asked the confused filly as she stared at her father. Dr. Whooves turned around and saw the curious filly staring at him in confusion. Dr. Whooves did not want to lie to her but he did not want to tell her the truth, worried that she might be frightened or scared. He kneeled down to the young fillies height and said in a calming voice "Well, if daddy does not start making his inventions work we might loose our house." Derpy was a bit confused then she figured it out. Her father always spent a lot of money on supplies that he needed for his inventions but none of his inventions never worked. "We are going to loose our home!?" said Derpy worried and scared. "No!" said Dr. Whooves trying to calm his daughter down. "We just need to make sure my inventions work, and if we do we won't loose our house!" said Dr. Whooves calmly. Derpy calmed down and looked up and said. "Okay! Let's go see if your new invention works!" said Derpy cheerful. "That is the spirit!" said her father as they ran to the office.

Dr. Whooves grabbed his invention and lighted the cup on fire and began the countdown once more. "In 5-4-3-2-1!" said Dr. Whooves as he squeezed the nozzle on the top of the invention. Then all of a sudden white foam blasted out of the nozzle and put the fire out. "I did it!" screamed Dr. Whooves. Then he tried to shut it down then he lost control of it and it blasted foam every where the the bottle went empty. Derpy wiped the foam off of her and cheered "It works!" The doctor removed the foam from his glasses and said "There are just a few bugs I need to work out!"