[Daryl Dixon] My Everything

PROMPT:
Being with Daryl during the aftermath of Joe and his group.
[info: set 06:16]

You sat there in the darkness. Distance spread from you, Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Carl.

The pain you felt was at its worst. It tugged at your soul and scratched at your heart. With every breath you saw darkness- and with every blink of the eye, the exact moments of your free will getting taken away replayed and replayed.
The silence in your head remained no more. Now replaced with the sound of your course and strong scream. Your weakened will and violated soul.
The demons you had buried so far in your mind climbed to the surface- reminding you of everything you were, everything that happened and everything you would be.

Pure violation. The actions that had taken place last night proved that you still had something to lose. Your dignity. Your grace. Your sense of security. Your sense of self. All of it gone.

It had been hours since it had happened to you- but your hands still shook and your heart still boomed. If only Rick had gotten free a second sooner- or Daryl had picked his beaten frame up faster. If only someone had saved you. Saved you from losing all sense of you.

The sun-rays found their way through the maze of trees and beat down on your bruised skin. With every heart-beat you became more shaken and more confused. You brooded over the pain. Every second lasted eternally.

Daryl stumbled over to you, falling onto the ground beside you. He sat hunched,  picking at the loose strands of cotton on his jeans and heaving heavily.
"You okay?" He asked, his voice travelling through your thoughts and meeting you abruptly. It all felt so real. You'd never seen anything in this vision before.

You wanted to answer Daryl with a sarcastic grin- a lie that you would soon believe. Not this time. No. Never again.
You wanted to reply back swiftly- keep him on his feet with the 'never give up persona'. You always tried your best to be strong in front of Daryl but here you were. Next to him and at your complete and utter weakest.

You hugged your knees and turned your head to face him, studying his features. The blood patches spread around his face. His black eye and cut lip. He studied yours. Your tear stricken cheeks, your messy, dirty hair and the blood spray on your neck.
"I saw what they did to you." He professed, shaking his head to move his hair out of his face. "I'm sorry I couldn't sto-"
"Don't be." You surprise yourself with how weak your own voice is. It's a level of silent and pained that you'd never heard before. Hearing yourself say that felt so foreign. It didn't feel like yourself.

Right now, you had more than enough 'sorry' to go around.

"It's my fault." He barks. "I brought them here. Shoulda' killed them the moment I saw em. Shoulda-"
"Daryl!" You hiss. "Just stop! What happened has happened. Sorry didn't push that man off me when I was too weak. Should have killed them doesn't stop him from-" you stop, looking into his eyes and faltering. "Just..." you lean onto him. "Hold me."

It was a line that you'd probably read in a book and said 'that's dumb' but right now, it was what you needed. The one thing that ruined you was having the surreal presence of an unknown man touch you and violate your privacy. Having Daryl, a man that you loved like crazy, hold you, was what you now needed more than anything.

He wrapped his strong arm around you and your head feel onto his chest.
The warmth he provided was comforting. In this moment, you wanted to drift off forever. This was enough. This was it.
His grip around you tightened and you snuggled in closer to him, now fully supported.
"I'm okay." You whispered. Right now, it was more for self assurance. You said it over and over, tears sliding down your cheek and falling onto Daryl's shoulder.
"I want it to be over." You tremble, placing a still shaking hand on Daryl's chest.
"What?" He questioned. It was unlike Daryl to hold you with such love and supportiveness- but everything was different now. None of that mattered.
"The ringing nose in my head. My heart is crying for it to be over. It has to be over. I can't do this anymore. I am not me."
He bows his head and releases his grip on your shoulders, your head still resting on his.
"You don't give up. You keep going. I need you. You can't give up. You can't."
Your eyes emerge with tears and you tilt your head, crying into your knees.
"What else do I have to give to this world that hasn't been taken from me?" You sob.
"You ain't givin up. I ain't letting you. You earn it back. You get your strength back. You keep on goin'."
You wipe your eyes, focussing on his presence.
"I won't let you throw away everything we've done." He says, quieter.

Daryl stands up, then takes you by your waist and hoists you up. He keeps his hand at your waist and walks you over to the car where Michonne and Carl are.
Rick sits in the drivers seat and looks to Daryl. Daryl nods at him.
"I'm gon sit in the back with Y/n." He tells him. Daryl walks you over to the backseats, opening the door and pushing you in. He climbs in after, resting your body on his as he closes the door. You keep your head on his chest, grounded by the sound of his calmed heartbeat.
He presses his lips to your forehead, keeping them there for a while. When he pulls away, you nuzzle into his chest.
"Daryl." You croak, exhaling. "Don't you dare leave me."

You hear him scoff.
"Ain't a damn chance."

Hey guys! Jo here. I hope you like this! Keep requesting and please don't be shy :) I love all your comments and feedback, they make me feel so blessed to have such amazing readers. Make sure you guys follow me on Twitter @joliesjoint I NEED MORE TWITTER FRIENDS! Love you all :)