January 3rd, 1972

January 3rd, 1972

Dear diary,

Mommy stood behind me whispering in my ear, "Do it. You're my special little angel, do it for me sweetie,"

So I did it. Daddy looked at me confused and scared. I stared at him and then thought about all the bad things he would do. He killed my mom. Then he was mean to me, he hurt me so many times. He didn't love me. He tore my mom and I apart. He ruined our family. All of these angry thoughts filled my mind. Dad rose to the ceiling and hit the hard ground really bad. He was bleeding.

He scurried to the back of the cell, shaking. His face was full of fear. "HELP ME!! HELP!" He screamed.

My mom and I left before anyone could see us. It was weird, I don't remember how we got there without anyone seeing us. When mom's with me, she can control everything it seems. Once I got back to my grandma's house, my mom hugged me on the porch.

"I'm so proud of you! He got what he deserved." She smiled. "But he might need more. Remember all of the other things he's done to me, to us." She said.

A lady across the street stared at us and adjusted her glasses. She looked really concerned and even worried. She was confused.

"Are you okay, little girl?" She spoke in a loud tone since she was across the street from me.

"What? I'm okay, I'm with my mom." I smiled.

The woman looked extremely shocked and worried, and I wondered why. What was so bad about me hugging my mother? Once I returned the focus to us, the smile vanished from my face.

My mom wasn't here. I was by myself on the porch.