;02

~Grayson's POV~

"Literally any good book, that's all I want," I stated to the guy at the counter. 

I felt the sudden urge to read. I never really read before and I feel like that's a problem. I'm practically an adult and the most complicated thing I've ever read was a college pan flip.

"Okay sir, I'll be right back," he said, walking off for the fifth time since I got here.

All I wanted was a good book and he kept coming back with books he "heard" were good but he never read himself. How do you work at a damn book store and not know any good books.

I sighed to myself and leaned in the counter, placing my hands over my eyes.

"Divergent's a good series if you're into that kind of stuff ," I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

I looked up, a bit startled. And there she was, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. She had long brown hair and light brown eyes. Her face was carved by God himself and her figure was a magnet. She had the voice of an angel and her whole body just seemed to glow.

And all I could to was staire.

She simply smiled and nodded before walking away and leaving the store. 

Oh my god.

~Courtney's POV~

"Look what I got!!" I yelled, bursting into my house and scaring my mother half to death.

"Hello to you too," she gasped, holding her chest.

I threw my bags onto the table and started jumping.

"That's a lot of stuff, what am I supposed to be looking at?" She chuckled, peeking into some bags.

I squealed as I walked over to my Barnes&Noble's bag and pulled out my books.

"Courtney!" My mother yelled as I started to spin around, the smile on my face starting to hurt. "Did you buy the whole store?!?"

"YES!" I yelled, laying my books out on the kitchen counter. (Ok me)

My mother walked over to them and scanned over each one.

"They're all by the same person," she stated, turning towards me.

"Hell yeah they are!" I yelled, picking them up and shoving them back into the bag.

"You bought all of..." She paused, trying to think of the author.

"Sarah Dessen," 

"Yes! You bought all of Sarah Dessen's books?" She said, more like a question. "Why?"

I gave her a blank staire as I picked up all my bags.

"She's my favorite author mom. The real question is why not," I said, charging up the stairs.

"I mean, I'm happy you're reading but... Wow," she said, still shocked.

I laughed creepily as I entered my room, falling back onto my bed. I pulled out my phone and texted Hailey.

Me: baby, baby, baby, oh!

Hailey: THOT you'd always be mine, mine

Me: wow ! so clever

Hailey: *inserts middle finger emoji*

Me: SEE! If you would've stayed at the mall you could've gotten a new phone! Then you'd have the PLEASURE of sending me many, and I mean MANY, middle finger emojis (:

Hailey: ...  And You wonder why I hate you

Me: you love me. Now shut up and tell me when you're coming over

Hailey: tomorrow around noon?

Me: you're a looser

Hailey: and you're a wiener 

Me: thanks

Hailey: you're welcome, goodnight hhhhhoooooeeee

Me: goodnight bbbiiitttccchhh

You know, I love her. Sometimes.

~Grayson's POV~

"Why didn't you get her number?" Ethan asked while taking a bit of his freshly made sandwich.

"Because," I said, throwing my arms up. 

"You're a wimp," he said, shoving the rest of his sandwich in his mouth and heading down the hall.

"No I'm not!" I yelled. Yes I am.

I groaned as I headed towards my room and swung the door open. I placed my four new books into my empty bookshelf.

Divergent, Insurgent, Alligent, and Four. I can't wait to read them.

I slumped down onto my bed and pulled my phone out, opening the app Twitter.

graysondolan: I neeeeeeeeed a girlfriend asdfghjkl 

I tweeted my final tweet of the night before shutting off my light and pulling the covers up to my neck. I just sat there for a bit, thinking about everything. Thinking about everyday people and everyday lives and everyday things. Everyday activities and how many strangers you see. Wondering who notices you and who doesn't. Wondering if the people you noticed have noticed you too. Wondering if people you've never met have heard things about you and think you're funny but don't know it's you. 

It's a confusing concept to think about but it's al rational. I mean, who really knows. I'm just a Stranger. You're just a Stranger. She's just a Stranger. 

But she's different. I don't know how, but she is.

-end of chapter-

Pretend this is good and vote (:

~(:)Courtney(:)