Chapter 2: His Son

Rukia Kuchiki

Nail marks tiptoed their way up and down her arms as she pinched herself every single time her eyes would meet that hazel hue of his. This did not make sense. She had just said her good-byes to Orihime before she left to the human world. No way in that time frame could Ichigo and her could have gotten together, had a wedding and gave birth to a son. A matter of fact, the two orange haired couple were years older than how they usually were. Actually and more importantly, how could they not know who she was? 

Rukia sat in her usual spot at the dinner table, hands still itching their way towards her arms to pinch them. She was able to put up a calm facade after she had freaked out only 20 minutes ago. If this wasn't a dream, she had to compose herself. Compose herself even though her chest felt like it was inside a ticking bomb that was ready to combust into a flame of agony. Even though her eyes burned as she saw this nightmare in front of her.

She shifted in her seat anxiously as Ichigo continued to cook, steam rising from the pot on the stove. The silence seemed to heat up the room more. She felt it harder to breathe by each second as she sat here in this lie of a universe. Her cheeks were burning yet her hands were shaking from this nervous atmosphere. He was the first one to break this awkward tension.

"So...Kuchiki-san."

Rukia flinched a little as he said her name as if they were strangers. Well, I guess now she was to him.

"Yes?"

She wanted to slap herself for sounding so formal to the man she was so connected to. Their bond was deeper than any relationship she had had with anyone in the whole Soul Society.

The Soul Society.

"Could you-"

"Excuse me!"

Rukia squeaked, making Ichigo swing his head around with a stunned expression. She coughed and forced a smile.

"S-Sorry. Um. I have to make a call. I apologize for interrupting your question."

Ichigo nodded.

"Oh...right. Yeah. I'll ask you once you're done."

"Thank you."

Rukia got up and was about to walk outside when his voice called out to her from the kitchen.

"Hey. Don't go outside. It's freezing tonight."

Her heart skipped a beat and an uncontrollable smile fell upon her face. He did care for her...at least a little bit.

"All right...thank you!"

She then turned to the stairs and found an empty room, painted yellow, blue and green. There was a small bed, neatly cleaned up and toys and dolls scattered around.

She wanted to puke.

This was their son's room. A surge of jealousy rushed into her veins again that she wished hadn't. Shouldn't she be happy for Orihime and Ichigo? Shouldn't she not care?

But she did. So much.

Inoue and Ishida were suppose to be together, and Rukia wanted to be with...him.

She could feel burning tears forming in their tear ducts as she picked up her flip phone to call Captain Jushiro Ukitake. Her shaking voice began to speak.

"C-Captain? I need your help sir. I'm stuck in this. In this. Terrible place and Inoue and Ichigo don't seem to know who I am and-"

*beep*

The phone line died. The only thing that replied to her desperate cries was static.

Rukia dialed again and again and again but to no avail. She tried to contact her brother, Renji, Ishida, Chad, the Head Captain-anyone. Yet all that she received was fear and more static.

What is going on...?

Rukia thought as her skirt stuck to her legs because of the massive perspiration. Her knees were heavy as she stood there in the room, feeling empty and dark. She put down the phone and set it in her shirt pocket allowing herself to process what situation she was in.

"What's going on..."

She said aloud this time and speaking to no one in particular. She did not expect a small voice to reply to her dazed thought.

"A miracle, that's what!"

The black haired girl turned her head only to be greeted by a tiny boy, about 7 to 8 years old, next the door and peering into the room with a happy smile. His arms swung beside his hips as he rocked back and forth, his red and blue mix matched socks squeaking against the wooden floors. His yellow pajamas had designs of small birds, colors of green and cyan sprinkled each design.

Kotori. Their son.

...

A few hours ago...

"You don't exist, Ichigo..."

His tiny voice echoed in the room as Ichigo fell onto the ground. The orange haired boy had his eyes closed as he lay on the floor, unconscious. The child grinned happily from ear to ear, giving off a dark aura as he looked down at Ichigo.

"Oji-san I'm sorry. But I want to live..."

He sighed and cracked his fingers with a gruesome noise.

"And Kuchiki-san is getting in my way."

The child's eyes narrowed as he placed his hand over Ichigo's chest, a light emanating from it. The dark room soon became a piercing white hue as the boy closed his eyes.

"Kotori Kurosaki has won."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Author's Note:  DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa ahahaha I'm sorry 😅 plot twists amiright? Anyways, sorry for those of you who were waiting. Chapter 2 is finally out and I hope you guys enjoyed it! If you guys still don't know who Kotori is, please reread Chapter 11: The Old Man Who Forgot in "Will I See You Again?"