Switched

• Dedicated to To whoever who reads this. c:

Prologue

~Rose's P.O.V~  

Meeting your enemy is something you never forget.

It was the a random day of the fourth. I was playing dolls with my best friend, Daisy. We became friends in a blink of an eye. We had nearly everything in common. We had been glued to the hip since first grade actually.

One day during recess, Daisy and I were giggling and playing with the dolls which is when  I felt something warm and wet drop on my head. I turned around to see the devil himself. Thomas Matthews. He was wearing his infamous smirk on his face. At the time I thought he was smiling at me... very weirdly. I smiled back.

"Hi! Im Rosemary. But you can call me Rose," I said.

"You're not going to see what's on your head?" He asked, eyebrows scrunched together. .

"Should I?" I asked.

"Duh," He said, crossing his arms. I slowly moved my hand to the wet warm spot on my head. I felt something very sticky. I tried to pull it out but it got longer and longer, never coming out.

"What is it!?" I asked.

"Gum," He said, his smirk appearing again.

"Gross!" I exclaimed  I kept tugging on the gum, but it wouldn't come out. Daisy tried to get the gum out my hair to. Thomas just laughed evilly. "Jerk!" I shouted.

"Stupid!"

"Fartface!"

"Doo doo pie!"

"I know you are but what am I?"

"A loser!"

"Your still talking about your self!"

"CHILDREN! HUSH!" A teacher on duty, Ms. Smith, shouted. "Rose! How'd you get gum in your hair?" I pointed at Thomas. Thomas ended up get a call home, but that was only day one of the harassment.

_____________________________

~Thomas' P.O.V~

Meeting Rosemary Clark was probably the best day of my life. From the moment I laid eyes on the green eyed redhead, I knew it was love. At a young age I knew what love was, thanks to my love struck aunt. Love was when you got butterflies in your tummy when ever you where by that person. Love was uncontrollable.

I had my eye on the little ginger for but I never could get her attention. I'd leave her things by her desk such as a cookie I saved for her at lunch, which was a pain to do since we had different teachers. I know on valentine's day, I gave her the biggest piece of chocolate, but she never gave me a second glance.

Never giving up, I decided to 'accidentally' put gum in her hair. That way I could help her get it out, and she'd fall in love with me. So I snuck behind a teacher's desk,  went in her purse and got a stick of gum. I left the classroom and when outside, knowing exactly where to find her. It wasn't hard to miss her. There's not many kids with red hair. I walked toward her and up the gum in her hair. All she did was turn around and smile.

"Hi! Im Rosemary. But you can call me Rose," She said. I stared at her.

"You're not going to see what's on your head?" I wondered.

"Should I?" She asked.

"Duh," I said. She reached up and tried to get the gum out her hair. She ended up having gum all over hair.

"What is it!?" She asked.

"Gum," I answered.

"Gross!" She screamed. She kept messing with the gum making a mess. Her blond friend even tried to help. I couldn't help but laugh. Seeing her struggle was extremely funny, it was way better than helping her.

"Jerk!" She shouted, giving up

"Stupid!" I shot back.

"Fartface!"

"Doo doo pie!"

"I know you are but what am I?"

"A loser!"

"Your still talking about your self!"

"CHILDERN! HUSH!" Ms. Smith shouted. "Rose! How'd you get gum in your hair?" She pointed at me. Ms. Smith called my parents, gave me lunch detention and blah blah blah. My mom picked me up early to yell at me about why I shouldn't do that. I stopped listening and thought about the next time I'd see her again.