Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Rose

Multiple unfamiliar faces stared down at me weeping. A little blonde girl with bloodshot green eyes clung to my side, sobbing loudly. I reached out to cup her little face, when I realized my hand resembled a mans, thick long fingers, and hairy knuckles. Connected to that hand was a muscular arm. What in the world? I glanced down at my body and flinched. My body shape was rectangular and covered by a hospital gown. My legs were long, and covered with thick black hair, and my feet looked disgusting. I was in need of a pedi. And when did my feet get so big?

“Thomas! You’re awake! How do you feel sweetie?” A green eyed brunette woman asked me. She looked like she was in her mid 40’s. She held my hand tightly.

Despite the dryness in my throat I asked, “Thomas?”  It took me a few seconds to realize that my voice was deeper. “Who are you people?” I asked louder, my voice not changing. Why was it so deep and manish?

The brunette glanced at the doctor, her face scrunched up in confusion. “Thomas, what day is it today?”

“Why do you keep calling me Thomas! I’m not  Thomas! And  I don’t know who any of you are!” I exclaimed. “And why is my voice so deep and manish!?”

The brunette just started crying, the little blonde girl held my hand. She was adorable. She had to be no more than 5, her bloodshot eyes broke my heart. I wanted nothing more than to protect her, and make sure she’s safe, which is weird to feel about a random child you don’t even know. Using her free hand, she pushed her hair out of her face.

“Do you remember me?” She asked.

I frowned and said, “No sweetie, I don’t. I’m sorry.”

The little girl began to cry, breaking my heart. Ii did everything in my power to make her stop crying. This resolved in me holding her, rocking her gently, until she feel asleep.

“‘What happened?” I asked the brunette.

“You were in a car crash with a little red headed girl,” She answered.  “Doctor suggested that you would suffer from memory lost. I’m your aunt Rachel. You're holding your little sister, Julia. She’s 5.”

“Where’s my parents?” I asked.

“You're parents are both alcoholics. They're never here for you,” Rachel answered.  I frowned.

“Do I live with you?” I asked.

“Oh no sweetie, I’m homeless. I used to have a drug problem,” Rachel said, frowning. “You live with your parents.” I frowned. “Don’t worry about me. Living on the streets has taught me more than you will ever know. I think I prefer living on the streets actually. Speaking of which, we need to get going! It’s getting dark.” Rachel picked up Julia and carried her out. “We’ll be back tomorrow dear.”

And just like that, I was alone and confused.

How on earth is it physically possible for something like this to happen? How would things go back to normal. I stood up, and made my way out of my hospital bed. I need to find Thomas.

Thomas’ P.O.V. 

Why. Is. It. So. Damn. Hot!

And dark.

And why does it smell like... flowers?

Why can’t I open my eyes?

Where was I?

I reached for my eyes, surprised at how soft my skin felt, and flinched. Something stabbed me in the eye! I reached for my eyes again, and gently forced my eyes open. I was facing a white wall. I twisted my head and saw flowers.... For me? Is this some sick joke? I glanced down and noticed a thick hand knitted blanket.... Am I in some parallel universe? The only people who care about me is my aunt and my sister. My aunt’s homeless and my sister’s 4.

So where did these things come from?

To answer my question, a familiar ginger family walked in.

“Hun! You're awake!” The red headed woman exclaimed.

Hun? What the hell?

“How do you feel sweetpea?” The man asked. I just stared at them.

“Oh! Here! Have some water!” The woman said, as she handed me a water bottle. I reached out to grab it and pulled back my arm in shock. That was not my arm. This arm was thin, frail, pale, scattered in freckles with IV shoved in it.  This arm was not mine! I stared at my hands. Tiny, with long thin fingers and light pink nail polish.

What.

The.

Fuck.

“What the hell is this?!” I asked in  a raspy, but still some how high pitched voice. “Is this some sick prank!?  Or am I in a parallel universe?”

“Rosemary... What on earth are you talking about?”

Rosemary...? Oh fuck...

What kind of Freaky Friday shit was going on?

“What happened?” I asked.

“Oh sweetheart you got in a car accident with someone from school,” The woman said.

Then suddenly it all came back to me.

I decided to meet a friend of mine at the old bowling alley.I was halfway there when some fool parked in the middle of the street. I couldn't go around them or I'd be in the wrong lane. I tried to hit my brake, but I oddly went faster. The more I hit my brake the faster I went. 

The last thing I remember is looking up and seeing a terrified Rose.

“I need to see Rose,” I said after the memory came back to me.

“Honey you can’t move and you are Rose,” The ginger man retorted with a sticker. 

“Watch this,” I grumbled as I sat up straight. Suddenly I felt extremely light headed, so I laid back on the bed, with my arms crossed as I grumbled.

I was going to get to her. One way or another.