Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~Rose's P.O.V~

I pressed the off button on my alarm clock a got ready for school. I rubbed my tired eyes and yawned as I made my way to my closet. I put on a red and white polka dotted shirt dress that goes down right above the knees with gray leggings that go right under the knees. I also put on a heart necklace white chain with a red heart on it. And lastly, two gray bracelets on both hands. I straightened the wild mess called hair, curled the ends. Lastly put on mascara then went to school. I know skipping breakfast isn't a good thing but I never eat breakfast. I haven't since mom died. I went to my locker only to be greeted by Daisy.

"Hi hi!" Daisy said.

"Hi," I said.

"OMG! Guys what your boyfriend was riding this morning!" Daisy said excitedly.

"Thomas IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE my boyfriend," I grumbled. Daisy had always believed that Thomas and I were meant to be, when in reality I hate the jerk.

Ignoring my comment, Daisy continued. "He was riding a motorcycle! With Alexa Brooks!" Alexa Brooks hated me because I was and I quote 'Always with her Thomas!' She wanted to make my life a living hell and boy was she failing! "I heard they-"

"Daisy, you know I love you but I don't give a fuck. Thomas and Alexa were meant to be together! They're both crazed freaks. Maybe they'll leave me alone! Maybe I'll have some peace in my life! Maybe, just maybe, I won't have to ever see them again!" I snapped. Daisy flinched

"Well, I'm guessing you're on your period so I'm going to walk away now," Daisy said. To be honest, I'm normally only like this in the morning. I've never been a morning person. I went to my first class and sat in the front of the class. I was writing down the homework when the person next to me cleared their voice. I kept writing, ignoring the person because I knew it was Thomas. I just knew it. He then poked me. I pulled out a book and started reading. And he kept poking me. My arm started to get numb when I snapped.

"WHAT!?" I asked. Thomas chuckled.

"It's pretty funny when your face gets as red as your hair." Thomas said as he picked up a piece of my hair.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well, I heard that you and Daisy were arguing over me. Why's that?" Thomas asked, brushing hair out my face. I looked down.

"She wanted me to tell you how I really felt about you! I can't tell you i'm in love with you! It'd be... So weird!" I said deciding to mess with him, knowing Thomas wasn't one for commitment nor breaking hearts.  Thomas' look was priceless! His eyes widened. His Jaw dropped. Literally! And he just froze up. He didn't blink or anything. His face was as red a tomato! I bust up laughing he seriously believed me! Tears were coming out my eyes and I was gasping for air. I was about ready to roll on the floor! I started to breathe again once the bell rung.

For the rest of the day, I was in a good mood and Thomas didn't bother me. That made my day even better.

***

Thomas felt me alone for the rest of the week... It was marvelous! No teasing, no name calling, no harassing. I felt like I died and went to heaven.... But... I honestly do sorta miss him. I was so used to his teasing, its not even funny. It felt weird at first but now its just spectacular! It's pretty astonishing how he stopped after I embarrassed him he stopped. I guess he finally understood how it felt to be teased.

To celebrate, Daisy and I were going bowling... Okay, okay, we go bowling every Saturday and this was the start of spring break. Good god, I needed a break too.

I was halfway at the bowling alley when my car suddenly stopped. I groaned loudly. Its not the first time this has happened. My car just randomly stops. I have no idea why, it just does. I dug in my purse until I found my cell phone. I was about to call my dad when I saw a car zooming toward me. I froze.

The last thing I remember is seeing the driver's face, it covered in fear and panic worst of all, the driver was Thomas Matthews.

~Thomas' point of view~

I pushed my alarm clock of my bookshelf, wanting nothing more than to stay in bed. Grumbling,  I stretched slowly and rubbed my eyes. I took a shower then got dressed for school. I made a bowl of cereal for me and my sister. Once I was finished, she came on stairs. I noticed tears in her  pale blue eyes.

"What's wrong kiddo?" I asked her. She opened her hand, showing a tooth.

"I-i-i-it fell out. I-i-i-i can't put it back in. I'm sorry," Julia said. I swear, she's the cutest 6 year old.

"Julia teeth are meant to fall out! How'd it come out?" I asked.

"Tripped o-o-o-over haggy. H-h-h-he made that weird sound again." Julia said, wiping the tears off her face. I kissed her forehead.

"You're not in trouble." I said.

"But Mommy-"

"She won't get mad. I promise." I said, "Now eat up. You've a big day at school."

She nodded and ate her cereal. I was about to get in my car when I remembered that I didn't have to drive my other sister to school. I smiled and walked toward my motorcycle. I was about to leave when some chick that's had a crush on me for I don't know how long, asked if she could get a ride. Me being the nice guy I am, I said yes. I had no reason to say no. Once we got to school, I started talking to my friends. Once I was going to my first period class, my friend, Joey grabbed my arm.

"Dude! Did you hear what Rose was saying about you this morning?" Joey asked.

"Nah, man. Why'd she say?" I asked.

"Something about wanting to go out with you. She was yelling at Daisy about it!" Joey stated.

"Well... I'll see ya later." Joey walked away and I walked into class. I sat next to Rose. I so have to talk to here about that argument. Rose was writing something down. I cleared my voice and she kept writing. I started poking her. Her face was getting redder and redder. She pulled out a book and I didn't stop poking her.

"WHAT!?!?!?" She shouted. I chuckled.

"Its pretty funny when your face gets as red as your hair," I said as I grabbed a piece of her hair. Yup. Her face was almost as red as her hair.

"What do you want?" She snapped.

"I heard you and Daisy were arguing about me.... Why's that?" I asked.

"She wanted me to tell you about I felt about you. I can't tell you i'm in love with you!-" She said. I froze. She's in love with me? Me of all people. So all this time.... All this time my teasing was making her fall in love with me paid off. I can't blame her for falling for my looks. But she said she's in love with me. Rose's laughter startled me.... She's laughing?..... She was teasing me! Ah, she's getting better with her teasing. And I feel for it! I'm such an idiot! I could feel my face warm up. That made Rose laugh even harder. I looked away. Once she stopped laughing, class started.

For the rest of the day, I did my best to avoid Rose. I definitely didn't want her to know that I had feelings for her.

***

Goddamn I missed her. I forced myself to leave Rose alone for the rest of the week. I didn't want her finding out how I felt about her, especially since she hates me. Not that I blame her. I'd hate me too.

Avoiding Rose had to be the most challenging thing I've ever experienced. We have almost every class together and it seems that she everywhere I go. She seemed happy that I wasn't bothering her. That beautiful smile of hers could light up a room.

Once Saturday came, I was so happy I didn't have to avoid her. I don't think I could handle avoiding her for another day.  To get my mind off of her, I decided to meet a friend of mine at the old bowling alley.I was halfway there when some fool parked in the middle of the street. I couldn't go around them or I'd be in the wrong lane. I tried to hit my brake, but I oddly went faster. The more I hit my brake the faster I went.

The last thing I remember is looking up and seeing a terrified Rose.