IMAGINE: Bain saving you after you've been put in jail for stealing for the poor

| IMAGINE for @bilbsbaggins |

You walk hand in hand with Bain along the docks and wharfs of Lake Town. Bain looks at you, concerned, and breaks the silence. "You don't look well, Y/N." He states. You look at him, your eyebrows furrowing. "You look so... tired. Your eyes have dark half moons underneath them." He amends. You look away from him, but not before Bain catches you grimace. "Ugh, Y/N, tell me you haven't been doing your nightly runs to the master's treasury to steal for the poor again." Your boyfriend groans. You look at him, wincing. "I haven't been doing my nightly runs to the master's treasury to steal for the poor again...?" You say in a question. Bain sighs and stops. You stop with him as he grabs your shoulders so he can look at you fully. "Y/N, everyone appreciates what you're doing, really. But at what cost? You're bound to get caught." He says, staring down at you. "Bain, I know, I know. Just a couple of more times, okay? I'm taking little bits so the master won't notice that it's missing." You whisper, glancing around to make sure no one over hears you. "Yes, I know stealing is wrong, but the master is practically stealing from the people. He's bleeding them dry! I'm just taking back what's rightfully theirs." You put in. "Y/N, you're not Robin Hood." Bain says softly. Your shoulders slump and you look down, frowning. Bain sighs and cups your face, gently turning it upwards. "Please let last night be the last night you steal from the master, Y/N. Please. You have to stop. For me." Bain says, searching your eyes. You let out a breath and nod. "All right, last night was the last night." You whisper. Bain stares at you, an eyebrow raised. "I promise!" You exclaim, smiling. He relaxes, smiling, and pulls you into his arms. You lay your head on his shoulder, biting your lip.

You straighten after you pick-lock the lock on the treasury door. You put your hand on the door and it opens with a small creak. You wince and then slide into the room, as quick as a shadow. You look around the dimly lit room. "Forgive me, Bain." You whisper, heading for a chest filled with gold coins. Fifteen minutes later, you sling your bag filled with coins over your shoulder and make your way towards the exit. You open the door and then back out of the room. You quietly shut the door and then turn around. You scream in surprise and jump back as Alfrid, Braga, and a handful of Lake Town guards stare at you in shock. You drop the bag and gold flies out. "See, Braga? I told you I saw someone come in here." Alfrid spits out. "You're coming with me." Braga says, taking you by the arms and dragging you towards the dungeon. You breathe heavily, your eyes widened in shock.

"Bain! Bain!" Bard exclaims, bursting through their home door. Bain looks up from the blankets he's sorting. "Da, what is it?" He asks, noticing the concerned look on his father's face. "Y/N." Bard pants. Bain drops the cloth, his heart stopping. He looks at his father. "What happened?" He asks, his voice almost in a whisper. He grips on to the table, suddenly feeling sick to his stomach. "S-she was caught stealing for the poor last night. The master threw her in jail." Bard explains. Bain closes his eyes and sighs. "What are we going to do, da?" He asks. "I don't know, son." Bard replies. Bain opens his eyes. "I knew something like this would happen. She promised me she wouldn't do this anymore!" He grunts, pacing. "Y/N's love for the people is strong, Bain. She just wants to see them well off." Bard puts in. Bain sighs and nods. "I know, I know..." He mutters. Bard walks over to his son and puts a hand on his shoulder. "We'll figure out a way to save her, Bain. I promise you, we will." He says.

You sit in your dungeon, eyes closed. You twist a piece of straw around your fingers and then pull it apart, aggravated. You grumble, opening your eyes, and then start pacing the small cell. "Should've listened to Bain. Should've listened to him." You whisper to yourself. "Y/N. Y/N!" A harsh whisper calls. You look around until you see Bain's face by the window in your cell. "Bain!" You exclaim, before climbing on top of your rickety bed. You grab his hands through the bars, tears of relief coming to your eyes. "Oh, I'm so happy to see you." You whisper, smiling. Bain squeezes your hands. "We're going to get you out of here, Y/N. Be ready." He says. You nod and he quickly kisses you through the bars. "Bain, come on!" Bard exclaims. "I need to go, my love. I will be back soon." Bain whispers, before getting up and running off. You sigh and jump off the bed.

You eagerly wait at your cell door as the main dungeon door opens. You hear footsteps running down the stairs and see Bain looking around the cells for you. "Over here!" You whisper. "Y/N." He breathes, racing over to you. He takes the key off the hook and then unlocks your door. "We have to hurry. The guard is making his rounds." Bain whispers, grabbing your hand. You both dash out of the dungeon. You escape quite easily, Bard and Bain having planned this perfectly. You join Bard and then sneak off towards their house. "The guards won't realize you're missing for another minute or two. That should give us time to get to the house and hide you." Bard explains.

You sit at the edge of Bain's bed. "Bain." You say softly as he sits down next to you. "Yes, Y/N?" He asks. You look at him, frowning. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for lying to you. Can you forgive me?" You ask. "Of course I can, Y/N. Just please, never do that again." Bain says, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. You lean into him. "I promise. This time, for real." You say, looking up at him. Bain leans down and kisses you deeply, wrapping his other arm around you. He pulls you close to him. You break apart when you hear the bells tolling. "Time to hide, my love." Bain whispers. He helps you sneak beneath his bed. Bain lays on his stomach. "Are you comfortable?" He asks, looking beneath the bed. "No?" You laugh, your legs cramped. He kisses you again. "It'll be over soon, Y/N. You know, I actually won't mind having you hide underneath my bed." He says, grinning. You chuckle and flush.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!