Prologue

The wind rustled the trees outside of the window. The leaves cast eerie shadows throughout her room. The moon shown bright overhead, almost as bright as the sun throughout the open meadows. Wolves howled, mice scampered under leaves and owls flew silently through the night. It was a peaceful, calming, normal night, as beautiful as ever. Inside the house a girl with the palest blonde hair slept soundly in her bed.  A few doors down the hall slept a man. The child's father.

Suddenly a knock. A knock at the door at midnight. No one answers for everyone in the house is asleep. A louder knock. Still no answer. A kick, 3 hard knocks on the door. Whoever's there is getting impatient. Then... BANG! Something crashes and breaks, heavy breathing and skidding sounds from the door sliding across the floor. Whispered commands and footsteps setting out in a practiced order. THUMP THUMP THUMP as people stomped up the stairs. Banging of someone kicking wood. The girl manages to sleep through this and so does her father. Finally a pop as the door is unhinged and loud whispers as people fan out in the room. They shake the man awake and arrest him. He's still half asleep and asking why but never mentions his daughter.

The man is taken away and the house is searched yet no one finds the young girl, still asleep, in her room. Soon everyone disappears and all is peaceful again. The only trace of something unusual happening is the missing man and broken doors.