five

{ Fools - Troye Sivan }
dedicated to maxdomi

Luke's POV //

I have never felt so completely alone.

I spent the entire day laying in my bed. My door was still unlocked, but no one had come to open it. Except Ashton when he asked if I wanted lunch. And then Michael to ask if I wanted dinner.

Okay so the person I wanted to open my door hadn't opened it. But that person felt like everyone to me.

Yeah, I like Calum a lot. Big deal. It's just a crush. I'll get over it. Every one has crushes. Every one gets over them. It's a fact of life. It's human nature.

Maybe if I keep telling myself that, it'll come true.

I feel like shit. I spent about an hour with him the morning but it feels like it's not enough. I want more. I want to go talk to him right now. Maybe not even talk. Even just sit with him. We don't even have to look at each other. Just knowing he's near me would be great right about now.

I don't have the energy to get out of bed. Or the confidence. I probably look like a mess. My friends have seen me look pretty stupid but I really don't want them to see me like this. Not now, at least.

My stomach started to growl and I glanced at my phone.

It was almost 1 o'clock in the morning and I hadn't even noticed. If not asleep, everyone was definitely in their rooms by now.

I could eat.

I quietly got up and went to the kitchen, where I made myself a bowl of cereal because it was the quickest thing I could think of. Breakfast at night is the best, anyway.

"Luke?"

I froze. I was so indulged in my cereal that I hadn't noticed him approach.

"Hi, Calum", I sighed.

He sat down at the chair across from me. His hair was a mess and he stared straight into my eyes. It took a lot of willpower to look away from his gaze.

"Luke, what's wrong?"

The concern in his voice almost broke me.

I shrugged. "I'm fine", I said with smile. "Do you want some cereal?"

He shook his head. "No. I'm good."

I nodded and looked down at my bowl.

There were only two Cheerios left, floating in the white swimming pool of milk.

I used my spoon to separate them, but they kept going back to each other, no matter what I did. They stayed together even when I wanted them to be apart. Everything I did made no difference. They always made their way back to each other.

What I wanted didn't matter. I had no power.

"Luke? Are you listening to me?"

I snapped my head up.

"Huh? Sorry, I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Nothing important. What were you saying?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I was just wondering if you'd go to the mall with me tomorrow. I need to buy a new shirt for my cousin's wedding next weekend."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'll go with you."

Calum smiled brightly. "Thanks Luke. Good night."

"Good night, Calum."

He got up and began walking back to his room.

"Calum, wait!"

He turned around and looked at me, his brows furrowed.

"I'm sorry for being a dick today."

He smiled and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. See you tomorrow, Luke."

I nodded, and then he was gone. Hidden behind the his bedroom door.

I sighed and went back to my room. I didn't want to cry anymore. Laying in bed all day with no distractions had really put things into perspective. I'm not saying I'm a changed person, I just used that time to think.

It's just a crush.