Damon's Heartbreak

Elena's POV:

We arrived home about a few hours ago and Damon hasn't spoke a word to me since leaving the hospital. No one would tell me anything about what happened with Stella and apparently Elijah's living with us now too. Not that I mind or anything because I believe we can trust him and I think he's actually the only Original we can trust. Stefan and Katherine have been going at it too because Stefan spent all his time at the hospital with me or something like that, but judging from the loud noises coming from their bedroom I think they're making up.

As soon as we got home all I wanted was a hot shower and some decent sleep in my own bed. After drying off, I got out of the shower and put on a pair of short black pajama shorts and a tank top. I came out of the adjourning bathroom to find a shirtless Damon laying on his back on the bed with his hands supporting his head. As I slid underneath the covers beside him I saw that he looked lost in thought.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked gently while placing a hand on the side of his face to get him to look at me.

Damon sighed and rolled his eyes as he turned on his side away from me,"No, Elena. I don't want to talk about it. Why don't you just cut the light off so we can get some sleep. I'm exhausted and I think I have a crick in my back from that damn chair at the hospital."

"Damon, what's wrong?" I pressed actually kind of concerned now as I wiggled up behind him, wrapped one of my legs around his, then softly squeezed his upper arm. I didn't like it when he was like this, pushing me away and putting up walls to mask his true emotions and feelings. He normally wouldn't do that with me, but this time he was.

He suddenly flipped back almost squishing me to face me. His bright blue eyes were icy with anger as he looked at me,"Did you really just ask me that? Were you not in the same hospital room hearing the conversation I was hearing? You're pregnant, Elena!" He was practically yelling now and was obviously extremely pissed.

"Why are you getting mad? Aren't you happy that we'll have another baby to cuddle with?" I questioned quietly and felt the tears prick my eyes. Why was he acting like this?

"Damn it, Elena! You were screwing my little brother behind my back and now you're pregnant! And unless I know for certain that that baby is mine, I don't want anything to do with it!" Damon's eyes flashed as he clenched his jaw which were both definite signs he was about to snap and do something stupid.

I was starting to get angry too because he was acting like a complete and total asshole. It wasn't my fault that I got pregnant and it definitely wasn't my fault that I slept with Stefan. He came onto me first.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I told you that Stefan and I were both extremely drunk and that he was the one that came onto me!"

"He might've came onto you first, but did you stop him?! No, you damn well kept on going and short story summarized, you cheated on me!" Damon shouted loudly and I was pretty sure everyone in the house could hear our argument. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. They flooded down my face non stop as I looked up into his hard angry face.

"You know what?" He suddenly shot up off of the bed and started for the doorway. "Screw you and screw this! I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight!"

"What? Why?" I croaked as I gazed at the back of his raven head that slowly turned back around to face me.

Damon's voice was deadly and his words burned like vervain or being in the sun without a daylight ring,"Because I'm not sharing a bed with my slut of a wife or my baby brother's abomination."

With that he stormed out of the room leaving me open mouthed and completely broken and empty. I fell back into the bed and clung to the soft pillow as I sobbed. In between sobs I heard a door slam close down the hall which was most likely Damon. What just happened? Why was my life going straight to hell?