Chapter 1: The Meeting

Hey, this is my first Bruno Mars fan fiction. I'm not English nor American, so don't judge my grammar fails. Hope you like it.

It's a beautiful day in New York. I have always loved the way the sun reflects on my tan skin. I quickly wrap up my curly dark brown hair into a ponytail, to avoid my neck from sweating. I feel how the bench I'm sitting on gets warmer. Watching the tourists enjoying the park and reading a good book relaxes me. It feels good to be away from my boring office... And from Daniel. I sigh deeply. I really need to stop thinking about him, he doesn't deserve me... but still, I thought I could trust him.

My mind stops thinking about Dan as soon as I notice a short guy in his 20's. He has a tanned skin and is about 5'5 feet tall. He's wearing a yellow tank top with some camo printed shorts. He has cute curly hair. I can't describe his eyes, because he's wearing sunglasses, and he's too far away. I can tell he looks quite confused. The guy looks around himself, like he's seeking for someone who can help him out. He smiles and walks into my direction when he sees I'm staring at him. I quickly lay my eyes on my book to avoid awkward eyecontact. I've always been awkward around guys, especially when it comes to cute guys.

Bruno's POV

Damn, why has Phil chosen such a weird place to meet up? I feel like an idiot, standing here in the middle of a park, not knowing which way to go. I'm glad nobody recognizes me behind my sunglasses, the paparazzi really drives me crazy sometimes.

I guess I have to ask somebody for directions, because it doesn't seem like I will find the pub where Phil told me he is. It shouldn't be that far. I look around me, seeking for help. I stop as my eyes cross the ones from a gorgeous woman sitting on a bench. I don't know why, but I start smiling. She's wearing a dress with a flower print on it. It has sleeves til the elbows and the dress itself is not very long, which shows her beautiful legs. She's probably the same height as me. I walk into her direction without any hesitation. I see her looking away.

"Hey, can a take a seat here?" I point at her purse that is taking the space next to her on the bench. She looks at me as she raises her eyebrows.

"Uhm, sure." She puts her purse on the grass. I smile at her and sit down. She's really stunning. "What's your name, darling?" I noticed her cheeks turning red after I called her 'darling'

"Angelina."

Angelina's POV

I don't understand it. What is he doing? Why am I blushing?

"I'm Peter, but you can call me Bruno," says Bruno as he winks at me. "Nice meeting you, Angelina." We shake hands.

"Can I ask you something?" he asks, after taking off his sunglasses. I suddenly recognize him. The dark brown puppy eyes from the Just The Way You Are video are staring right into mine. But not trough a computer screen, oh no. This is real. His eyes are sparkling. It's slowly sinking in: I'm face to face with one and only Bruno Mars.

"Uhm, yeah, sure. What's wrong?" I ask, quite nervous. He asks me where he can find the pub he and his friend would meet up. I can barely breathe. Bruno freaking Mars is asking me for directions. He could ask anybody in this park, but he chose me. I feel special.

"Oh, that's not far away from here." I tell him where to go while he keeps staring at me. It makes me even more nervous. He giggles when I sputter. I don't really care, because his dimples are really adorable.

My phone rings. My ring tone is Nothin' On You. How awkward. I see Bruno smiling when he hears my phone ringing. Just when I want to answer the call, Bruno starts singing along with the song.

"Beautiful girls, all over the world

I could be chasing, but my time would be wasted

They got nothin' on you, baby

Nothing on you baby"

He didn't miss a single note. His voice is incredible. During the singing he looked in my eyes, with a naughty smile. I giggled. People from the park heard him singing and were standing around our bench. I didn't care, because he was singing to me. Only to me, to no one else. I quickly take a look at my display.

Daniel is calling you

I was in a shock. I grab my purse and rush my way trough the people and leave Bruno alone on the bench.

"It was nice meeting you!", I heard him shouting at me from behind.

Bruno's POV

As soon as Angelina left, a note fell out her purse. It was a phone number. I kept the little piece of paper, took some pictures with a few fans and started to walk to the pub.

'Who was the one calling her?', was the question that didn't want to leave me mind. 'Why was she so shocked?'

...

'Does she like me?'

I shake my head. She wouldn't have left me if she did. Why do I even care that much? I don't even know her.

Let me know if you like it and if I should continue :).