Chapter 1: Everything Is New.

Hello! I'd like to thank you for looking at my book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing
I'm going to be going in and out of flash backs from her childhood up until she flys over to London. (Let's not get ahead of the story) and her flashbacks will be in italics. I think that's it so yeah!

Enjoy!

The taxi was silent as it pulled up to a nice, tall house, just outside of London. Not a word had been uttered since the tall man told the driver the destination, the young lady with him looked like she would collapse any second.

The taxi stopped and they both climbed out, thanking him. The ginger man opened the truck and handing a suitcase full of stickers of different places to the young, auburn teenager.

The man, named Tom, pulled out two more suitcases of hers, also full of stickers of different cities. He slammed the trunk down before patting it ruffly, letting the driver know that they were done. The taxi drove off as Tom and the teenager walked up the steps and into the house, carrying her entire life in the three big suitcases. Most of them were filled with her books, for which he was very proud of.  

The house was quite big for a single man. The house had two floors, the first floor was the kitchen and dinning area off the left when you walk in and the living room off to the right.

In the kitchen, which was huge, had a little hallway that had two doors, one all the way down the hall, Tom's room, and one right on the right, the bathroom.

"Your room is on the second floor, Ailbhe." Tom said, looking over his shoulder to look at his daughter. Ailbhe nodded tiredly, following Tom, she dragged her suitcase behind her to the stairs.

It had been a very long day of traveling and no sleep for the past two days for her. She was about ready to collapse. It was an awkward walk up the stairs, both not really knowing what to say to each other. 

What should she say to a man, who was a stranger, but also her father, that made her move half way around the world to live with him?

What should he say to the teenager, that moved half way around the world for him, leaving her entire 16 years of life behind her?

The two walked onto landing of the second floor. Ailbhe surveyed the floor, her eyes accepting every little detail. There were four doors along the hallway. Tom explained that the first two were right across from each other, a guest bathroom on the left and a guest bedroom on the right, further down was another guest bedroom on the left.

The last door was, what she assumed, was her bedroom. Tom shifted the suitcases to one hand before opening her door.

The room was a really nice size room for one person, a huge bay window, facing the front of the house towards London, filled the room with sunlight, a window seat was snuggled in the bay window. There was a huge bed up against the wall on the right. Two doors across the room lead into a bathroom and walk in closet.

Tom set the suitcases on the queen size bed. Ailbhe looked out the bay window and saw London. Tom's house was taller then all the rest of the houses so she was able to see roofs of homes and she saw the London Eye.

Tom watched Ailbhe as she looked out the window before speaking up. "So, if you want you can get yourself at home and I can go make some food or you could take a nap. It's really up to you, whatever you feel like." He rambled, scratching the back of his head.

"I'd like to just lie down for a while if that's okay with you. " Ailbhe replied, turning away from the window.

"Yes, that's totally fine. I'll be downstairs if you need anything." He walked to the door and opened it before looking to Ailbhe straight in the eyes. "Sleep well, love" .

Ailbhe huffed and fell backwards on the bed, hitting her head on the suitcases.

"Goddamnit!" She yelped. She pushed them off the bed and they landed with a loud thump.

She curled up into a small ball and pulled a blanket over her entire body and laid in the darkness of the blanket for awhile before she fell into a deep sleep.