Stuff

Syn

The time had finally come for us to leave and go back to the city. Its been two weeks of family bliss Abel and Abri are inseparable. He got a call for a few shows besides it was time for me to get back to business and work my agenda was full. Abri would be right by my side everyday at the office or home office which ever I would choose. Until I got someone to come in and create a boardroom/office area so I could work remotely from home then the office was where we would be at every morning.

I wanted to make sure I stuck with my schedule for her bed time play time and feedings. This little pretty princess wouldn't be out of my sight for one second. I called Val on a throw away to call up her sister to watch Abri in the office while I did my work. She agreed after her moment of excitement she asked who her father was and I told her about her intrusiveness. But keeping her nose where it belonged I'm sure she guessed it was Abel's and once she saw her she would see him written all in her DNA. Abel left head of us so he could get started on his packing.

After packing up the car with our necessary things I checked my rearview and garter for my other baby. Once we were all secured I pulled out of the old barn Tez in the backseat with Abri. On the way to the turnpike I noticed a black Suburban XL jump behind me. My instincts told me it was danger and with Abri in the backseat I made sure to keep it calm even though her and Tez safety were the only thing crossing my mind. I hurried and dialed Abel.

"Hey baby what's up? He sung into the phone after three rings. "Hell on earth and your about to feel the quake." I told him calmly. "How many?" He asked trying to keep his cool but I knew he was pissed. "I'm unsure for now but as soon as I can get a better look I'll let you know." I told him. "Syn no don't stop just get somewhere safe." I could hear the fear dripping in his words. Without anything else I hung up the phone and looked into the rearview mirror and the car was on my ass. I whistled for Tez his head shot up at me. "Danger." Was all I said and I could see his teeth as he growled.

I pulled my gun from my garter and hurried making a uturn and emptied the clip into the truck knowing I hit the driver as the car went into the ditch. I pulled the emptied clip out and put another one in I got out of the car leaving Abri and Tez to protect her. I made my way to the car and the driver was dead a bullet in the head. I heard movement in the back so I went to the door and opened it to a man moaning in pain.

When he looked at me my heart had damn near leaped from my chest. Is head was bleeding but I still knew those eyes anywhere. "Syn." He muttered in pain. "Synatra!" I breathed still in disbelief. He unlocked his seatbelt and I raised my gun ready to take his head. "I'm not here to hurt you Syn I would never." He reassured but I kept my gun up I didn't trust anyone when they said that. "You killed my mother and abandoned me so clearly you can't be trusted." I said sternly. "I didn't kill your mother she's still alive Syn. She's still alive and trying to kill you. That's why I'm here." He whinced in pain. "So she sent you here to kill me your her guard dog now." I yelled. "He shot that glare at me that sent chills down my spine making me cower underneath him like he always had. He was the only man to ever put fear in me. "I've never been and would never plot against my own child." He snapped back. "Oh so your not a monster?" I questioned his bullshit ass lie.

With my gun still trained on him I couldn't read him and it was to no surprise since he was always calculated and unpredictable. "Syn Marie put the gun down. NOW!" He growled. "How do I know you're not lying to me?"I questioned. Which only seemed to make him want to get angrier but he was in too much pain.
I did as told and put the safety back onto my gun but held it tightly just in case. I reached my arm underneath his and let him bare some weight on me to help him to the car.

Once we were at the car I had to let Tez know everything was alright. I grabbed my emergency bag I always left in my car for any given reason. I called it my survival bag it had guaze, antibiotics, water, water filter, thread and needle, blanket,food packets that were complete meals,two guns with six boxes of ammunition which I needed to add my AK to it, also traps. Don't ask me why I had traps but it was just safe to have these things just in case.

I grabbed a peering knife and the needle &thread. I poured a small amount of vodka on his wound as he bit into his leather belt. After I cleaned it I stitched him up quickly as I kept my eyes focused on the rear view mirror every now and again.

Finally finishing I  drove off to the direction of home. "So why is she trying to kill me?" I asked breaking the still silence between us. "That night I told her about you and the "Skill" you possessed she said something had to be done. You're not the first woman in our family to have it. You're great grandmother had it and used it but died from a brain aneurysm when she just 25 with 3 children.

This was my first time ever hearing this of another Von Delhi woman having the Skill. Yet, nothing surprised me any longer but to know that my mother the woman who birthed me was out to take my head hurt somewhere deep. I looked in the rearview mirror and watched as my sleeping beauty laid there thinking I would lay my own life down before her before I would ever imagine taking hers. I blinked back my tears that wanted to fall because I couldn't cry for Diana she wanted me dead, well she'd have to do the job herself.

My phone buzzed with the name going across the radio screen. It was Abel I just hit text and the little microphone icon and talk text to him. We would be home shortly maybe two hours. "So is that her father?" My dad asked turning his attention from her to me. "No questions please." I said sternly. "Well I see you still have the soul of a beast." He gestured towards Tez. I nodded my head. "Only what you made me." I said with a little hate towards him.

I never wanted a life like this but never having anything different this was all I knew. Shit, I barely can give Abel what he wants and he sticks around taking whatever I have to offer with the hope on maybe one day getting what he wants. But how long will that last before he just gives up on me before I've even grasped the sense to change. All I know is protecting and vicious killing to keep me now my daughter and him safe. I felt defeated in so many angles so many ways.

Finally making it to the house outside the city I dropped my dad off at the old mansion towers where he would be staying. I didn't trust him and there was nothing he could say to convince me otherwise. My mind was still twisted in a bind that he was even here. After unpacking the car I grabbed Abri and went to fed her as it was time her bath would be next. As she was eating I grabbed my phone to call Abel.

It rung a few times before he answered. "How's Abri?" He asked. "She's eating right now we're at the house." I said kissing her forehead. "I'm on my way there now." He said rushing me off the phone. I tossed the phone across the other couch and just looked at Abri as her eyes stared back into mines. She was just the sweetest thing in my life she was next to God while I sat on the devils throne reigning as Queen.

After she finished eating I went to run her a bath and unpack her bags along with mines. I made a mental note to go shopping for her some new clothes and pick me some up along the spree. I heard the sirens of the alarm system blaring as someone had tripped the motion sensor. I opened the doors to the monitors to see that it was Abel coming down the driveway. I put in the code to shut the alarms off and went to open the door as Tez sat by the door with his guards up.

Abel walked into the house and grabbed me up into his arms as we kissed one another. "We need to talk baby." He said putting me down. I nodded because he was right we did need to talk because plans have just now changed. He wouldn't like it but he would have to deal with it because we had to work as a team and if divided anyone could infiltrate this family and tear us apart.

OK so since this book is finally coming to a close the last chapters would be really long. No editing I'm trying to post and bring in a new book so enjoy and be ready Syn is going to throw you some curve balls.