Police Chase Vampire in Sacramento

Looking out of his apartment window Richard saw the “Goth” kids sitting in the green park grass talking. “Fucking role players,” he said to himself. “They don’t know what it’s really like,” he grunted to himself in an angry tone, just barely audible. The involuntary shaking he was currently experiencing had gotten worse throughout the day.  “They choose to live this way; I didn’t have a fucking choice!” Richard continued as his low mumble became a yell. He became frenzied as he rummaged through the filthy apartment.  Sifting through the carcasses of small animals and rodents he had assembled, he finally found one that was to his liking. Standing in the middle of the room, he held his head back, and drained into his mouth the animal’s last drops of blood. Mentally frenzied, he hurried about his apartment looking for more blood. He could feel the blood within his veins gradually turning to dust. “I have to stop it!” He yelled out loud. Just when all seemed hopeless he spotted the squirrel he killed earlier. “Yes,” he exclaimed as he cut the rodent open and devoured his entrails.

He thought back at how they laughed at him when he tried to explain the theft of his pulmonary artery. At the hospital, they scoffed at him when he shared fantasies about killing rabbits with the staff. Sitting in his favorite chair; a urine scented, blood soaked, easy chair, placed in the center of the room, he remembered how his roommates had given him an ultimatum about moving. Wanting to be rid of Richard so desperately, they left him and the apartment. He was glad that they were gone, now he was free to bring the animals in that he needed. He was now free to concoct his special life giving recipe. Richard had found that mixing the raw organs with Coca-Cola in a blender and drinking the concoction prolonged his life.  Richard, now relaxed, could feel his heart expanding back to its normal size; breathed a sigh of relief now that he also felt his blood starting to re-liquefy. He looked over the fine array of creatures that had unwittingly helped him prolong his life and began to sob. In his mind he knew that the only blood that would cure him permanently was human blood.

The conspiracy that he had fallen victim to so many years ago was now beginning to take its toll on him; so he thought. Reading about the exploits of the Hillside Strangler; Richard felt that he too had fallen prey to the same despicable alien experiments and that they were both kindred spirits of sorts. Breaking into a hysterical laughter, he recalled the looks of horror on his neighbor’s faces after he’d devoured their beloved rabbits, dogs and cats. Smearing their life giving blood all over his pale white frame brought Richard to an unparalleled state of euphoria. He wondered what level of ecstasy a bath of human blood would elevate him to.

Feeling erotic, Richard disrobed and slit open all of the remaining animal carcasses. Caressing himself with the rotting animal parts he began developing his plan for attaining his crimson gold from a human contributor. The attempts he had made previously had ended in failure. The first time Richard shot wildly into the home of a Sacramento woman. A police search of the woman’s home found the slug in her kitchen; no one was harmed. The next attempt came in the form of a drive by shooting. The victim was Ambrose Griffin, a 51-year-old engineer and father of two, who was helping his wife bring groceries into their home. Richard had killed him but could not collect the “ingredients” from his victim to prepare his elixir. Lying naked on the floor of his apartment covered in blood and rotting animal flesh he devised his next plan.

Walking through a neighborhood to enact his strategy, he attempted to break into a home but found the door locked so he left. As he walked he spotted an old high school classmate, Nancy Holden. He asked Nancy for a ride, but frightened by his disheveled appearance, she declined and drove away. Richard continued down the street.  Arriving at the home of a young married couple, he broke in and stole some of their valuables. Angered by the woman’s absence, Richard urinated into a drawer of their infant’s clothing, and defecated on their son’s bed. The couple came home while he was still in the house; the husband attacked him, but Richard escaped.