The departure

"Mason, respawn on Ashy and flank left. I'll try drawing their fire," Barking orders as we continued to play our online match. Soon after, I could hear the ending of the game start up and we were up by quite a bit.

"What's wrong Cody? Not enough time for you to finish?" I could hear him laughing through the headset I was wearing.

"Well I do have some time to for you James." as I came up behind him I began to take his dog tags for the final kill. "How about that. A new pair of tags for me to add." Chuckling at him raging as the game ended.

*knocking at the door* "Need me to grab that?" Calling out to my parents as I muted my headset.

"Yes please." As my mother bellowed down the hallway.

Getting up I walked around the couch and opened the door. All I saw was two strange looking men. One taller, older man with long black hair. The other, was a smaller but fit man with the sides of his head shaved. "Can I help you fellas?"

"Is this the house of Michael Powers?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute." going back to his room I grabbed my father. "Two men are asking for you by name papa."

Groaning as he stood up "Alright, give me a couple minutes to get ready." Once he came out, he saw who they were and greeted them in such a friendly matter I was kinda puzzled at first. I shrugged it off and was about to go back to gaming when my father called out to me, "Cody, go grab your skinner and knife. Also get ready to leave, okay?"

"Fine." running upstairs in my long-johns, I grabbed them both and got into some old scout gear that was already laying out on my floor.

Going downstairs, I stopped as I heard my mother ask something in a puzzling tone, "Two months? Isn't that a little long for him?"

"Not at all, he is a scout anyways. He'll do fine baby." My father reassuring her nothing would happen.

What's this about? And what is this about being gone for two months? And.." before I could ask anything else, my father grabs me and holds me close.

You'll see. But for now, follow these two and do what they tell ya. They'll tell you what's going on." hugging me tighter. "We all will see you again, no doubt about that." Giving the rest of my family some last minute loves, I left the safety of my home.