part two

I started heading towards what I thought was a red and white Highboy, and as I was opening the cab door, one of them spoke, "Once in, you will need to put the blindfold on before we leave."

Stopping in my tracks, I looked at him, "What?"

As the driver was getting in, "It's part of the ordeal lil man."

"Now please, put it on so we may continue." Sounding impatient, I slipped it around my eyes and on we went.

Having no sight at all and knowing nothing of what is going on was weird. I could feel when the vehicle went over speed humps or took turns. After some time of sitting in silence, for however long it was, I finally spoke. "So... At my house, you guys said this was some type of passage of some kind. What is it exactly?"

"It is your chance to become a man," the driver spoke, "and if you're unable to do so, you will not receive your name."

"But, I already have one? My name is Cody."

I could hear the other laughing under his breath, "That my boy, is your white man name." The truck shifted as he turned around in his seat, "We are talking about your blood name." I could feel the car slow down to pull into a driveway of some sorts. As the engine shut off, I could feel the driver leave before his buddy spoke. "Now wait here, and do not remove the blind."

As both men left, I could feel how cold it was. Was I up in elevation? Or was I somewhere else? In no time at all, they returned and I could feel as someone was reaching to get in the truck. But it seemed like the person was having trouble.

"Excuse me," I could hear how his voice trembled as he spoke.

From what I could tell,he was about my about my age and had some weight to him. "So... who are you?"

"J-James... You?"

"Cody." We stayed quiet for what felt like an hour or so until one of the two men spoke.

"So Cody. You know some of what's going on correct?"

"Um... Just from what you briefly told me. Otherwise no I don't."

"Well, it's your guys' way of earning your names. And no, you won't need to change you white man names." Cutting off James as he was about to ask something. "Got something to ask James?"

"Y-yes... what's going to happen?"

I heard him humming as he thought of what to say. "Well first off, you will be living out in the wilderness for two months by yourselves."

"WHAT!?" James yelled once he figured out what was about to happen. "You've got to kidding us! You must mean like in a cabin, or a shack of some sorts..." as James went on, I could tell he was mainly a city kid for most of his life. Man were we on different sides of the spectrum.

Slamming on the brakes, the driver made him slam up against the seat. "Shut it kid. We both know where both your skills are. His test will be different than the kid next to you by far." Picking up speed again, he went on. "Now, like I was saying. You two will be in the woods for two months. We will give you both a fire starter and a purifier bottle for water. Other than that, it's what you guys have on you to use."

Heyy, hope you liked that part guys! Still new to writing but I had to get this out as soon as possible. Tell me if you like it and give me some tips on how I can improve!! And yes I know there's no title name for this section, not great with section names lol