thirty ; the quidditch announcer

Diana hated many, many things. Among the top of the list was her absolute hatred for doing charitable things for others with no personal gain. She believed strongly that if she were to do something, it was either because she wanted to or she was getting something out of it.

So, when Minerva McGonagall approached her at breakfast the day of the big Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor, she was incredibly miffed.

"I need you to be the announcer. The one I had in place is in the hospital wing, and I need a replacement."

The piece of bacon that she had been munching dropped out of her mouth as she peered at the woman like she had grown an extra head.

"That sounds like a you problem," she muttered, picking the bacon back up and tossing it in her mouth. "No can do, friend. That means that I'm doing something charitable, and we can't have that."

McGonagall groaned slightly then narrowed her eyes at the girl. "What's got you in such a chipper mood?" she asked her.

"For the first time in forever, I had a decent, dreamless sleep," she beamed.

"Diana, I really need you to do this," McGonagall all but begged. After eliciting no response, she huffed. "I'll give you five galleons."

Diana's interest piqued and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Ten," she bargained.

"Fine," McGongall growled. "I'll bring it to you afterward. Just get to the commentator's podium." She stalked off and Diana grinned, picking up another handful of bacon and making her way outside and all the way to the Quidditch pitch. She ate the bacon idly, and the closer she got to the pitch, the warier she felt. Even after all this time, she still couldn't seem to shake what she saw the first night.

She made her way up the podium until she reached the top, which had a perfect view of the entire field before her. Soon, students started trickling into the stands until it had become a roaring mass of teenagers. The podium next to hers held the teachers, and she gave McGonagall a sarcastic thumps up.

She grabbed her wand, and muttering, "Sonorus," her voice was now amplified for everyone to hear.

"'Sup everyone," she said nonchalantly, and every single head turned to the podium. As everyone whispered about her to each other, she kicked her feet up onto the ledge casually. "I'm getting paid to do this, so if we could hurry it up, that would be great."

To a mixture of deafening cheers and boos, the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams emerged from their respective dressing rooms. The majority of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws had chosen to cheer for Gryffindor, and Diana could not distinguish one body from another in the massive sea of red and gold.

"We've got Harry Potter leading the Gryffindor team," she announced. She decided that if she was going to do this, she would at least make it fun. "He's a real cool dude, pretty eyes and whatnot. And leading the Slytherin team is some guy I've never seen before--"

"Urquhart!" McGonagall hissed.

"Oh, apparently his name's Urquhart. Didn't know that," she added. Everyone seemed to be eyeing her with amusement. "Oh, look at that, they're shaking hands," she cooed as they captains stepped forward.

The whistle blew, and the players soared into the air and the crowds cheered wildly. Diana couldn't figure out which player she was supposed to look at, so she decided to wait until the crowds cheered and something happened.

"Off they go," she announced lazily. She ate another piece of bacon hungrily. "Wow, there's so much movement, I don't even know what's going on."

"Oh my god, here comes Slytherin's first attempt on goal, wow he's going so fast. Ronald, if you don't catch this, I'm disowning you."