Gem Squad

~22 BBY~

Jade -

After the battle of Geonosis, Jade had been granted the rank of General in the Republic Clone Army. So did every other Jedi, they were all assigned a squad to be in charge of and Jade was going to meet hers today.

Jade had actually fought with them during the battle of Geonosis but she never met any of them one on one. The people in charge of the clone's armor designs asked her if she wanted her squad's armor to be made a certain way. She told them she wanted her squad to be wearing bright yellow designs and their viser to be blue instead of black. Then they asked her how she wanted her Legion to look and she laughed.

A squad was around nine clones all in one with one commanding sergeant. A Legion was around 9,216 Clones.

Jade ended up saying regular phase-2 armor with bright yellow markings. Basically, her whole squad would be helping her command the entire Legion, therefore their armor was a bit more special.

Jade couldn't believe the war that had started. She was a simple Jedi, she had been trained as a war general but that was only in the case of extreme emergencies. That's why Obi-wan and Jade had to take Battle Strategies. But she never thought they would actually use that information.

Jade's rib was slowly healing, it had only been about a week and a half since the Battle of Geonosis, but it still caused her a great amount of pain.

Almost every Jedi Master had their own squad and Legion now. Obi-wan made all his clones' armor orange. They were both going to meet their squads today so they rode in the same speeder.

"I'm a bit nervous to be honest." Jade said as they flew through Coruscant to the military base, the wind blowing through Jade's hair.

"Are you really?" Obi-wan asked, a confused look on his face as he drove the speeder.

Jade looked at him bluntly, "Yeah."

He chuckled, "You'll be a fine General, Jade. Don't worry about it, your squad will adore you.."

"We have armor fittings to do today as well while were at the base." Jade said to him, her hand running over the interior of the speeder.

Obi-wan groaned, rolling his eyes, "Right."

They pulled up to the Coruscant Military Base and walked down the long and big cement path leading up to the main hangar. The place was huge, it was insane. On the grounds of the Military Base were parked maybe hundreds of Acclamator-Class Assault Ships painted with two red strips.

Many troops were being loaded on to them and it scared Jade how real this was, this whole war was so surreal it made Jade feel a way she had never felt before.

They got to the main hangar and was greeted by a man in a uniform, he wasn't a clone but he was just as formal.

"Ah, Master Kenobi and Master Terrano, welcome. You've come to meet your squads, yes?" He asked, his hands connected behind his back.

"No other reason we'd be here." Jade said sarcastically and smiled, obviously meaning it as a joke.

The man wasn't amused, he kept a straight face, "Right this way then."

When he turned around, Jade widened her eyes at Obi-wan who was laughing at what had just happened. They walked past many tanks and cruisers along with starfighters. Jade had already picked out her starfighter as well, they really let them customize almost everything.

They ended up near a group of clones, all with their helmets on. You could tell it was Jade's squadron in a blink of an eye because of their distinct helmets, bright yellow and glowing blue.