Memories

~22.2 BBY~

Jade (first person)

About two days after Caleb and I went to Ryloth we were sent on a special mission. There was a rumor that a pirate there had been able to figure out where a secret weapon is. A weapon that could destroy a whole battalion of soldiers in one shot. 

We could not let the weapon fall into Separatist hands so Caleb and I were being sent to the planet, Takodana to visit a castle owned by the smuggler.

As we landed on the planet the first thing we noticed was how much green there was. It was a beautiful planet with lots of lakes and grasslands. We landed on one side of the lake and were able to see the Castle on the other side. It was really quite beautiful, the intriguing stonework all the way up.

"So what's this pirate's name?" Caleb asked, looking at me as we stood side by side staring at the lake.

"You'll know when you see her." I smiled at him.

"Have you met her before?" Caleb asked uneasily, there was a weird disturbance in the Force here. It could've just been because this is the meeting place for most smugglers.

I thought for a minute, "Once. Very briefly, she is an acquired taste so let me do most the talking." I told him, making my way towards the castle.

Once you walked through a stone arch, you came into this courtyard that had a few flags hanging from the walls, not many. Maybe two or three. 

I quickly noticed one of them, I froze in my place staring at it. How the hell did she get that?

"What's wrong?" Caleb asked me, staring at the flags above us.

"That flag," I pointed, "that was the flag of the podrace Anakin was in about ten years ago. How did she get that?"

I shook the thought out of my head and continued towards the door. As soon as we walked in, you could hear music but only barely because of all the talking the people were doing.

Almost everyone in the room turned their heads to look at us. I had completely forgotten that we look like Jedi. I didn't think Jedi were welcome here.

In the middle of the room there was a circle bar. On the other side of the bar I could hear a voice call out, "Jade Terrano!"

I squinted my eyes to find the person who called my name. I quickly spotted her, she wobbled over. She was wearing goggles that were connected to a head piece rather than in the middle above her nose. She stared at me for a second, "You must be Jade."

"That's right. We met once, when I was very little, Obi-wan came here with our Masters to find a pirate who had stolen from the Order." I told her, putting my hands together.

"Ah yes! I remember that! Come, sit." She said, quickly walking passed me and sitting at a table in the corner. We all sat around the table, "So, why are you here? For the location of the weapon I-" She suddenly stopped talking.

"Your eyes...." She mumbled to herself.

I looked at Caleb uneasily and then back to her and ignored what she had said, "This is Caleb, Caleb meet Maz Kanata."

"