Chapter 15

Jace stopped his car in front of my house and killed the engine. He had already dropped Savannah home, who in turn had tried so hard to lure us to go to a café but Jace had been unmovable by suggesting that my ankle didn't need to be burdened with extra pressure. I would admit that made me feel warm realizing just how caring he sounded.

"Thanks for the ride." I said softly.

He got out of his seat before opening the door to my side and offering me his hand. I stared at his hand for a few seconds, wondering what I was supposed to do next. Oh, right, my ankle was hurt.

"Don't forget to do what the nurse told you at school." He said to me as we walked.

I nodded and told him I could get inside without any assistance, mainly because I didn't want Aimee to see him holding my hand. She would for sure go nuts and embarrass me.

Jace left after promising to deliver my car safe and sound to me in a few hours after he picked up some books for his mom.

I decided to somehow get to my room to take a nap. Thankfully, Aimee and Mom didn't fuss over my ankle because I didn't need to be coddled anymore. Being the youngest child, all you ever are is being coddled to death.

When I woke up, three hours had already passed. For the next hour, I did all of my homework for the next day and stood up to see what we were having for dinner today. Just as I reached the end of the stairs, the doorbell sounded loudly.

It must be him, I thought.

Then I looked down at myself. I still had on clothes from earlier but they were slightly wrinkled. Wait, why I did care how I looked like? It wasn't like I liked him.

Opening the door, I smiled at Jace. "Hi!"

"Hey," His lips lifted in a smile. Extending his hand, he dropped my keys onto my hand. "Here you go."

I took the keys from him gratefully. "Thank you so much, Jace!"

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me causing me to freeze internally. Please don't let it be my sister, please, please, please.

"Who is it at the door?" Aimee asked.

I whipped around to face her. "Uh, no one."

She then caught sight of Jace standing behind me and grinned. "Oh, cute boy. Good, come here."

I was horrified hearing her words. "Aimee! What the hell?"

Jace was equally uncomfortable, too. "Uh,"

Not paying any attention to me, my sister grabbed Jace' hand and pulled him in the direction of the kitchen. Upon entering, we were bombarded with a strong scent of sauce. The moment the smell registered in my mind, I forgot about Jace momentarily and went over to see what we were having for dinner. I stared at the sauce for a minute before looking back at Aimee.

"Where's mom?"

"She went to have dinner with her best friends. It's a girl's night out." Aimee said.

"I should go." Jace mumbled.

I forgot about him, damn. "Yeah, yeah. Absolutely."

"Alyssa, is this the way to thank someone this cute who personally brought your car back?"

I gave her a side-eyed glance, but she kept speaking. "So, on behalf of you, I'm inviting him to have dinner with us. Jace, I hope you won't refuse because I don't take no for an answer." As if to emphasis her point, she supplied him with a tight-lipped smile.

Jace, forever the nice guy, couldn't possibly refuse her after that. "Okay, I'll go call my Mom then."

As soon as he was out of sight, I took off my flip-flop and threw it at Aimee's head. Unfortunate for her, she didn't see it coming and hence, I nailed the perfect spot. After recovering from my awesome shot, she glared at me so hard, I was almost scared. Almost.