5. King's Landing

"Thank you for escorting me," I whispered when Jaime and I arrived at my room. I couldn't help but to think of Lady and how my father was going to kill her.

I leaned on the heavy wooden door, not even glancing at Jaime. I held my eyes closed; I did not want to face reality. I heard silent whimpering behind the door. It was probably Sansa, cuddled up in my bed like she did when she was little. Before moving anywhere he grabbed my hand.

I opened my eyes to look at him. With concern he tried to search for something in my eyes. It was reason that he was searching. He wanted to know if I still was reasonable.

"I apologize for the wolf," he said. I scoffed taking my hand away from his.

"Don't lie to me. You say that but barely mean it," I spat rather harshly. I knew I shouldn't have directed my anger towards him but he was there so he was the target.

"My Lady," he said, but when I turned to look at him he was left speechless. My stare was so cold that it scared me. How? Was it the South affecting me? Was I compensating the warmth with my own coldness?

"Ser," I spat through my teeth like it was poison. The expression he made was mixed with surprise and intrigue. I was confused by it. How could he not be angered by me?

"That beast of yours nearly killed the prince," he said.

I laughed loudly. "Nearly killed him."

I took a step closer to Jaime. "Joffrey is still alive and breathing, but Sansa's pet Lady, that did nothing is dead."

"Lyanna..." Jaime started. I could feel him reaching for my hand, but I moved it away. I knew my eyes were cold as ice when I stared him straight into his eyes.

"I'm sorry My Lord, but I cannot do this right now," I whispered, holding back my tears. I felt them strangling my throat. "Good night."

* * *

The next morning was very misty. The first thing I did was go downstairs to eat breakfast with everyone else, though I wouldn't have wanted to.

I hated the fact that I had to leave Winterfell. I hated the fact that I had to leave my brothers and my home. I hated that I was going to be married to Jaime. I was about to become his wife. I had to bear his children. Even the thought of it made me sick.

At the break of dawn we left the small inn. I was put in a couch with Sansa, the Queen, Myrcella and Tommen. I leaned on the wall in not very lady-like position. I could not wait for our journey to end. It was quite a bore to sit the whole way without saying a word.

"I am very excited to see King's Landing," Sansa suddenly said. I corrected my position to a more lady like and cleared my throat. Cersei's eyes moved up to me and we shared a look.

"Yes, I am as well," I had the courage to say with my voice slightly coarse.

"Excited about marrying my brother?" The Queen questioned arching her brow.

I swallowed my hate towards the marriage and smiled kindly. Cersei was clearly studying my every move. I placed my hand over to the softer part of the seat and squeezed it.

"Yes your Grace. I cannot wait for us to be married so I can have many little lords and ladies."

Cersei chuckled with a hint of spite.