3. The Inn

We stopped to eat and sleep. The horses were able to rest and so were we. The North looked so much more different here, than it did in Winterfell. I missed Winterfell deeply already. Somehow I as well felt like the Gods were not as present here. I was walking with Shade in the forest, still having a bad feeling in my gut. I didn't know why or what it was about but it did not leave me.

The dark grey pup jumped eagerly from moss to moss. I smiled to her, looking at her huge size. She was already the size of a normal hound, but her age was not even close to a year. I had changed from my riding dress to a more lighter dress. It was emerald green and flattered my body. Over the dress I wore a dark cape.

"And who are you the proud lord said, that I must bow so low," I sang as I watched Shade run wildly. The pup ran around amusing me. I really caused myself the creeps sometimes. I hated that song, but still I kept singing it. The Rains of Castamere told a story about the house of Rain. It was the second wealthiest family in the Seven Kingdoms. Then they stepped on the Lannister's toes. So Tywin Lannister made sure that they were extinct.

"Well that's not creepy at all," I heard the voice of my betrothed say behind me. I rolled my eyes gently turning around to face him. With a raise of my brow I looked at him from head to toe. I knew he noticed that I was looking down on him.

"Are you following me?" I asked with an attitude probably not best to talk to your significant other.  The response I got was a dark not at all amused chuckle. Jaime was arrogant, cocky, blonde and annoying. He was golden boy of the family no doubt. A few rumors came to my mind of him and Cersei. They were twins, but somehow I had heard they were a bit more than that.

"I am just simply looking out for you, darling," he said with a huge grin on his face. I wanted to wipe it off but I didn't dare to raise a hand against him.

"I'm sorry but I don't need anyone to look out for me," I stated with a small smile. My eyes moved back to my pup who was now closer to me. I was glad that Shade had the brains to stay around me if I needed some protection. Jaime looked over at me, then my dog and nodded.

"I see you have someone looking out for you already," he said amused. "Too bad a dog is only good for awhile. Their necks snap easily."

"I beg your pardon, ser?" I took a step forward, only seeing red. "I guarantee that my dog has more speed than you. Before you would be able to snap her neck, she'd take your hand."

Jaime laughed silently. "We'll see."

I ignored him and continued my walk. Shade was starting to get impatient of me not moving, so she was howling and barking next to me. I told her to go walk freely ahead of me, but she was stubborn. I sighed and continued until Shade stopped at a near pond.

Jaime's eyes were on me the hole time. I could feel them burning a hole in my back. So yet again I turned around and faced him. He stood there with a wildly smug smirk. His brow was raised.

"Are you sure you are not cold my Lady. You have an awfully sheer dress," he commented. I drew in a deep breath, quickly walking over to him. I moved the cape a bit to show more of the dress. I knew his eyes were on me, but I didn't bother to react.

"Is it?" I questioned, moving very close to him. "I cannot tell, ser. I have bad eyesight."

Jaime's eyes moved from my eyes to my body. I knew I was beautiful. In Winterfell I was very popular among boys. Placing my other hand on his shoulder, he looked up at my eyes. That's how I was able to grab the dagger Jon had given me, which I held now in a holster on my thigh. 

But before I was able to grab it and threaten him, I was down on the moss. I have no idea how Jaime had gotten me there, and when had he realized I had a blade, but I was impressed. His right hand was holding my hand that had the dagger on the ground, the other one being on my throat. I shivered under his glare and tried to wiggle out. I heard Shade running quickly to us, staying at a small distance snarling and barking at the Lannister. 

"Shade down," I whispered, swallowing so that my throat wouldn't feel so dry. Shade protested with a few whines, but did as I said.

"Not bad, but then again not that good," Jaime said with a wide smirk. I could feel the anger rising inside of me. The way he had just disarmed me and thrown me down at the moss. It angered me. But then something caused me to curl up a smile. 

"Ser," I scolded playfully. "I can feel your manhood against my thigh."

"Surely it is only a dagger in my pocket," he replied. I tried to hold in my laughter but he made it very difficult. 

I moved my leg behind his back, bringing him slightly closer. 

"You are very well equipped," I said biting my lower lip. When he got even closer and I could feel him entirely, a silent moan escaped my lips. It wasn't an intentional moan; I tried to hold it back. But when his hand strangled me slightly harsher I closed my eyes. 

Before I knew his lips touched mine. The kiss was soft and passionate. I felt bad for kissing him before our wedding, but I guessed it would not matter. When his soft lips separated from mine for a breath, I was able to flip him on his back, and move on top of him. 

"I see you love to be in control," I whispered and leaned closer to his lips, almost kissing him. "So do I."

I got up grabbing the dagger from a near by moss, and left him lying on the soft ground. I quickly whistled to Shade and she came running next to me as we continued our little walk around the woods. No doubt Jaime went back at the inn, but I needed some time to think on my own. 

It was coming dark and cold. The woods became more and more frightening. I always had thought that the land this South would not be so cold and harsh, but it appeared I was wrong. Although it might have been because winter was coming. And it was becoming more and more clear to me. 

Then when I arrived back at the inn I was shocked by the multiple soldiers standing at the yard. It appeared that the Queen was there as well. With Joffrey. Crying. My eyes slowly moved down on Joffrey's hand which looked wounded. When Cersei's eyes moved to mine, and then to Shade, filled with anger, I knew what had to be done. 

I knelt down next to my pup, smiling to her and petting her head. She cried and whined a bit, but when I kissed her head I felt a connection. Something I had never felt with her before. And with silence Shade and I shared a one last look, before she started running away.

Just as I got up from the crouch I was grabbed by the arm. Cersei's ice cold eyes got locked with mine as she shook me. 

"Guards go after that beast!" she commanded and her soldiers did as they were told. "What did you say to it, huh? Did you use some magic trick you little witch?"

"I did not," I spat pulling my arm away from her. "She ran away. Everyone in this yard witnessed it."  

"You better be careful little girl," Cersei whispered dangerously. "You do not desire to be on my bad side."

A/N: because people have wished for this to continue here it is! Sorry for the short chapter... but I try to update this more and I thank everyone who will stick with me :)