two

Realizing that this unfamiliar man had caught her, Tamako jumped from his supportive grasp with flushed cheeks. "I'm so sorry!" She yelped.

He chuckled with closed eyes as he faced her. Her back was pressed to the storage shelves as she looked up, taking in his blue short hair and casually blissful appearance. However, she felt that there was an odd aura lurking under his friendly facade.

She peered behind him, realizing he was guarding the door, not letting her escape. "U-um... I don't think we've met before." She began warmly, but was unable to keep a bead of sweat from dripping down her forehead. "I'm -"

"Tamako Tsukamoto." He interrupted, his expression unwavering. "Twenty years old; a new employee at Wagnaria by day, and a musician by night. You applied for this job because you struggled to make ends meet through just the money you earned from being a musician. You also want to go to college, but you can't afford it unless you sell your middle-class apartment."

Tamako blinked in surprise. "Are a profiler or... something?"

"Nope."

She waited for the still unnamed man to continue and possibly explain himself, but he said nothing as his eyes remained blissfully closed. "And you are..." She pressed.

"Hiroomi Souma." He answered factually.

Again, she paused and waited for him to further explain. His own description of her was ridiculously accurate and elaborate, yet he offered nothing more than his name. "Um, please take... care... of me..." She trailed awkwardly.

"Of course, Tamako-chan."

She expected the boy to move or signify an end to the uncomfortable conversation. But he did nothing but simply 'stare' at her, his eyes still closed.

Tamako released a short awkward laugh. "Um, thanks for helping me, but now I'm all finished, so can I leave, Souma-san?"

His suspicious grin widened, but he didn't say anything. As she waited for a response or an opening, she heard a clicking noise accompanied by a bright flash.

She blinked to clear her vision. "Did you just take a picture?"

"I did." He answered nonchalantly.

"That's really weird."

"Maybe."

"Tamako-chan!" A high-pitched voice gasped, interrupting the two and offering the brunette freedom. "You met Souma-san!"

Tamako laughed uncomfortably, glancing back at the bluenette and then skirting by him into the brightly-lit hallway.

Popura waved her hands around the taller girl's body frantically. "He didn't hurt you, did he?" She questioned with furrowed brows.

"No... he didn't."

"What kind of person do you think I am, Taneshima-san?" Souma frowned, finally showing his narrow gray eyes.

"A sketchy person." Popura quickly huffed.

*****

It was dark by the time Tamako had finished working. She walked through the city and down the roads lit only with street lamps, a hand fastened to the strap of the her guitar case.

She heard the faint sound of footsteps behind her, so she turned to see whoever was seeming to follow her. She wasn't scared as it wasn't too late to believe that no one would be roaming the streets, but she wanted to acknowledge the person so that he or she knew that she recognized he or she was there.