Seven

The sky was clear. The wind blows gently against the salty waves letting its scent flow in the air. He watched them slash in the cool water, their eyes filled with excitement. The book he held in his hand was forgotten as memories of the past filled his mind as he watched over his family.

It has been six years.

Six years since the war of the titans ended. Humanity no longer has to tremble in fear of becoming extinct. Many left the protection of the walls, never wanting to feel trapped in a bird's nest ever again. A few though,still think it's unsafe out in world so they stayed behind.

Levi could remember the struggles they all had to go through,the deaths,betrayals, the doubts. It all seemed helpless, but he always had them by his side that made very thing seem brighter.

"Papa! "

His son waves him over with his wife smiling.

"I dint know what's in that water so no." He replies bluntly.

"Awe come on Levi. You always use that as an excuse. Me and Ingel are perfectly fine,so stop being a sore puss and get in." Eren calls out.

Before he could retort, he saw two pairs of puppy eyes pleading to him. He couldn't turn the look down no matter how hard he tried to look away. Defeated, Levi discards his shirt and shoes and slowly joins them in the cool waters. Well it's a little refreshing, not that I'll admit it out loud.

After a couple of hours in the water,the trio decided it was time to head home. Their house wasn't too far from the beach, it was two stories high and wide. Next to it was a stable and a few miles down was a little town. The town was still growing little by little but it was quiet, that's all that mattered to Levi.

In the beginning it was just the three if them in the area. Eren wanted to live by the ocean, one of the reasons why he wanted to leave the walls. It took about a year to find the said ocean. And another year for the town to grow.

They all washed off the sand off their bodies and then began to start dinner. Ingel helped with the vegetables,Eren with baking and Levi chopping up the once live Turkey.

As they ate,Eren started up the conversation. "Mikasa invited us to her wedding. "

"Hmm? I didn't know she was even in a relationship. "Levi says. Nor did I think she'd be in any.

"Yeah me either,I found out in the letter. She's marrying Jean. "

Levi chuckles at his wife's face. His nose was wrinkled up in disgust. You'd think after what they've been through together they'd be more friendly. Yes,but only a little bit because when Ingel came along, they had to watch watch ever they did so Ingel wouldn't be "corrupted".

"And Armin found a new land again."

Armin has been traveling with a few adventurers since the day everyone left the walls. And kept Eren updated on each trip he went on.

"Mama,can we go on a trip too?" Ingel asks.

The two smiled at the question. Levi nodded."Yes,but when you're a bit older."

"How long will that take?" He pouted.

"Hmmm, in ten to fourteen years." Eren relies taking a bit out of turkey.

Ingel sighs knowing that'll be a long time. Levi pats him on the head.

Once dinner was eaten and the dishes were cleaned, the three went to bed. Or at least, one of them did.

The master bedroom

"Levi...Ingel is... is down the hall." Eren moans out his words.

"Yes but he's asleep." Levi replies. "Besides we never get alone time with one another. "

Eren let's it go knowing that it was true. Most of the time, Ingel was around,not they don't love him its just they never get to do what they want to around him. For a few hours it was nothing but passionate love between the shifter and Heichou.

Eventually,it ended when there was a soft knock at their door. Levi groans knowing how it was. Eren changes the sheets as his husband gets the door to see a teary eyed Ingel.

"Hic.I had a bad. Hic. dream." The steel eyes soften at the child.
He lifts him up and takes him to the clean covered bed where Eren waited. Ingel curled next to his mother while Levi crawls in with them, wrapping a arm around the two.

La la lu ,la la lu
Oh ,my little star sweeper
I'll sweep the stardust for you

Levi and Ingel listen to Eren's angelic voice, letting it fill the room. Warming them up in comfort.

La la lu, la la lu
Little soft fluffy sleepy
Here comes a pink cloud for you

La la lu, la la lu
Little wandering angel
Fold your wings close you're eyes

Ingel yawns as he snuggles closer to his mother. His eyes growing heavy and the nightmare slowly disappear in from his mind.

La la lu, la la lu
And my love be your keeper
La la lu, la la lu,la la lu

Ingel was sound asleep, his breaths even. Levi kisses his head and Eren on the lips.

"You know, you two are my new purposes in life." He whispers.

Eren intertwines their fingers over their son. A smile in his face as he looks at the two ravens.

"Yes,and you're mine too. As well as my adventure. "

With that, the two followed their son's lead and fell asleep to wait for the next adventure to come.

The end

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Or is it the beginning ?