Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 1)

ARMONI POV:

"Mama!"

"Ma!"

"Noonie!"

"Maaaaaa!"

"Mommy!"

This is what my household sounds like on a daily basis. Everybody screaming and fighting for my attention. It's frustrating at times but I wouldn't trade my four kids or my husband for anything in this world. They were my reason and being, I loved being a mother and a wife. Being a mom of four kids and a wife to a man that was gone most of the time, was hard but it was also so rewarding. I was truly blessed with the best and I was grateful.

I was currently a stay at home mom to my four beautiful children and a housewife to my baby. I hadn't worked a job since before giving birth to Jr and although I missed going to work and working with my clients, Jerome wanted me to be home with the boys until they all went to big boy school. I loved being able to be home to be with my kids all the time.

I spent my days preparing my boys for school; teaching them the basics and instilling values and morals into them. I will admit; being a stay at home mom and housewife, really allowed me to spend more time with my family. I knew so many women that wanted the opportunity to be a stay at home mom so I was grateful that Jerome provided that financial security for us.

I was blessed but at the same time I felt stuck. My daily routine revolved around my husband and kids. Sometimes I felt like I had no real life outside of them. My life outside of home was basic and boring. I took time to volunteer at homeless shelters and non profit organizations and that gave me so much satisfaction and joy. I absolutely loved helping people and being of service to those in need. I was also very active in our church. I was co director of our youth department and I was the vocal director for our youth choir. At times, it still didn't seem like I was doing enough.

I couldn't wait until the boys were able to go to school so I could get back to work and do what I loved; helping people. In a way, I felt like my degrees were going to waste. I feared that by the time I wanted to start looking for a job, I wouldn't be able to find anything. I just prayed that when I finally went back to work, I would be able to find a job that was just for me. In the mean time; I would stick to being the best wife and mommy that I could be.

It was Sunday morning and we were preparing to go to church. I was washing the dishes from breakfast while the kids ate their food. Bacon, pancakes and eggs were on the menu today. Since Jerome had a game today; his breakfast was a little different. He had scrambled egg whites with spinach, mushrooms and cheese, oatmeal topped with fruit and turkey sausage.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by my screaming kids. "Mama!" Jaylon cried as he lifted his arms and leaned his body against my legs so I would pick him up.

I sighed, stepping away from the kitchen sink and wiping my hands on a dry dish towel. "Yes baby? What's wrong?" I asked, picking up my youngest son and wiping the tears from his chubby cheeks.

"Jaydon be mean to me?" He whined, pointing at his twin brother who was standing in the doorway, sticking his tongue out at his brother.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing his back. He continued to cry and I just looked at him, waiting for him to get himself together. "Jaylon, you have to stop crying so that I can fix what's wrong. I don't know what to do if you don't tell me what's wrong." I said calmly.

It didn't take long for him to stop crying and get himself together. "J-Jaydon took my Superman and push me down." He hiccuped loudly, with a deep pout on his face.