Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 6)

ARMONI POV:

"How was school?" I asked holding Jr, Mikayla, and MJ's linked hands as we walked out of their school together. Since I didn't get off work until 5 and Jerome was back on the road, the kids went to the after school program. While in after school they were able to get the majority of their homework done, if not all of it.

"Good!" They all responded in unison.

"Aunt Mookie, where we going?" Kayla asked, tugging on my hand and looking up at me out of curiosity.

"First we have to pick up everybody else from school then we're going back to my house." I replied as I unlocked the doors to my truck. After they piled in and put on their seatbelts we left to pick up everybody else from school. Since Aaliyah would be in cheer practice until late this evening, she would catch a ride home with Chris. He'd be coming over to the house anyway because we had a training session.

"Are Daddy and Uncle Mike gonna call?" Jr asked me. Thankfully Jerome and the team all made it safe. I was able to talk to him briefly right after they landed. He was going to call us back before bedtime so that he could talk to his kids.

After driving the short distance to the school the twins attended, I parked and got out of my car. "Hello, Mrs. Jackson would you come with me please?" Ms. Ida, the boys teacher said greeting me at the front desk. I already knew that something was up.

In her office sat Jaylon and Jaydon side by side. Jaylon had a busted lip and Jaydon's shirt was torn. "Wh-what happened?" I asked eyeing the boys before sitting down next to them in the chair across from Ms. Ida's desk.

"Another student pushed Jaylon out of his seat after they began fighting over a crayon, causing Jaylon to fall and hit his mouth on the edge of the table explaining his busted lip. Jaydon being the protective older brother he is, became violent with the other student as well. The other student wasn't severely harmed however they were both disciplined. The other parent has been contacted and I wanted you to be aware of the situation as well." She explained.

"Disciplined in what way?" I asked.

"Instead of having play time they wrote out apologizes to each other." She responded. "I called your office the moment it happened but your receptionist said you were in a meeting." Ms. Ida informed me.

"Thank you for letting me know. I apologize for not being able to speak to you about it earlier but nothing is more important than my kids and I'm never too busy for them. Please don't hesitate to call my cell phone." I stated.

"Thank you for understanding, have a good night and I'll see y'all tomorrow morning." She said, standing up from her seat. After saying our goodbyes we walked out of the school and headed home.

I got them settled in with snacks. Since they'd already done their homework in after school, I let them play outside in the backyard. As the kids were running through the back door to the backyard, I pulled Jaylon and Jaydon to the side so I could talk to them privately.

"What happened?" I asked them simply once I was down in a squatting position. I wanted to be down on their level to talk to them. I find that they're more receptive that way.

"Ryan did it mommy, don't be mad at Jaydon." Jaylon said giving me his pouty face.

"Tell me what happened." I prompted them. Jaylon began to explain why happened and it lined up with what their teacher told me.

"Yeah, that's what happened mommy." Jaydon added.

"Jaylon, if somebody is messing with you or mistreating you then you have to stand up for yourself. You can't let people push you around or bully you." I reminded him. "You have to communicate things. When people mess with you, let them know that you're not the one for that. Tell your teacher if you need to but don't let people push you around."