Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 11)

ARMONI POV:

It had been four days since I'd been admitted to the hospital and I was finally being released to go home tomorrow. Not only was I ready to get out of the hospital and be in the comfort of my own home but I was ready to get home to my kids. Phone calls and FaceTime just wasn't enough for me. I couldn't wait to hug and kiss all over them.

Andrea and Mike's mom, Ms. Kim had really been holding it down for me in regards to taking care of my kids and making sure that they were straight. I didn't have to worry about a thing because I knew they were in good hands. I appreciated them so much.

Although Christopher hadn't come back to the hospital since I was admitted, he made sure to check on me regularly. He didn't say much but he would text me throughout the day to make sure that I was okay and to see if I needed him to do anything. It surprised me how much he actually cared and proved to me just how great of a friend he was.

Once Jerome finally got the news about what happened, he took a flight here right after the game and came straight to the hospital. Still suited up in his uniform. I was still so hurt and angry, the moment I laid eyes on him my blood pressure and heart rate began to elevate. I couldn't calm myself down so they eventually had to sedate me. My doctor informed me that if my blood pressure would've gotten higher, I could've had a stroke.

I knew Jerome was extremely hurt at the loss of our baby. He's the one that wanted the baby from the beginning. He was so attached and emotionally invested so I knew he was hurt. I wasn't a selfish bitch so I wanted to give him the opportunity to grieve the loss of his child. I just couldn't control my anger so he was asked to leave the hospital for the sake of my health.

We hadn't had direct communication with each other for both of our sake. I definitely thought it was for the best, until I was able to control my emotions better. My hormones were all over the place and I didn't want to be triggered and have another episode. My mental health was not good at all. As soon as I was released from this hospital, I was running to my therapist's office. I already had my appointment set.

My parents haven't left my side since they've been here. I initially didn't want any visitors but they insisted on staying with me until I was able to be released. I was so grateful for them being here. They dropped everything back at home to come see about me and I appreciated them so much for that.

"Y'all don't have to stay." I sighed. Since I've been here, my parents have stayed the night with me. Mama took the couch and Daddy had the recliner. 

"Hush and go to sleep, you know we aren't going anywhere." Mama replied simply as she rolled over, facing away from me and pulling the blanket up over her shoulders.

"We don't want you to think you're alone going through this. We love you and we're here for you." Daddy told me as he kissed the top of my head. He adjusted my blankets and fixed my pillows for me as well.

I watched as he made his way to the recliner and made himself comfortable. "I appreciate y'all so much." I told them.

"That's what we're here for. No matter how old you may get, you're always gonna be our little girl." Mama yawned, making my eyes water and a pout form on my face.

"Aw, I love y'all so much." I mumbled.

"We love you too baby girl." Daddy responded.