Chapter 3

Oh boy do I know how to pick them. Not only was the movie incredibly and hilariously terrible but it happened to feature Craig Ferguson in a leading role. That's two no-no's when it comes to watching a film but never the least, Tom and I enjoyed just being together on our anniversary. 

A few days passed, both of us busy with work so it was lovely to be able to get together with some old friends. 

"We have that dinner with Kris tonight, remember?" I rummage through the drawers in the kitchen looking for the can opener. I was coming down with a cold and I needed some hot tomato soup.

"Babe, shouldn't we cancel? You don't feel too good." He handed me the box of tissues. I grabbed one, quickly blowing my nose. I hated doing wierd stuff like that around people, you know, blowing your nose, picking the wedgie out of your ass; those things. 

"We're married, Marie. It's alright to blow your slimy muscus into that very thin-like tissue." He started to giggle. Tom grabbed the canned soup, spilling its contents into the bowl and shoving it in the microwave.

"I haven't seen her in forever. Plus, I want to meet the new man in her life. I can't remember his name for the life of me." 

"Joey, dear." Tom leans over, kissing me on the cheek. "After your finished, I'll run you a hot bath. Hopefully we can generate enough steam to get the toxins out of that sexy body of yours."

"Humour me, Tom, I'm not feeling too sexy right now." I mock his tone. The microwave goes off and I dive spoon first into the delectable soup. "Just like mama used to make, only more...canned."

Once finished, with a full stomach, I head to our master bathroom. Tom was sitting on the edge of the tub, the water already hot enough, making our very own sauna. 

"Bubbles or no bubbles?" He asked sweetly.

"None, thanks." I look into the mirror, my eyes and nose were red and my face pale as can be. I was really sick. I felt like death.

"Come on now, undress." Tom's hands rested on my shoulders. He helped me remove my robe, revealing me completely nude. He helps me into the tub, taking a warm sponge and wiping the sides of my face.

"Is this how it's going to be when we're 80? You taking care of me like some old, sick woman?" I force out a weak laugh.

"Darling, I'll take care of you how ever much it takes. For a lifetime and beyond, always and forever." He kisses my forehead but the feeling was numb. 

The warm water succumbed every inch of my body. It didn't take long for the steam to work its magic. My runny nose was unblocked and my throat wasn't as scratchy as before. I might actually get to go out tonight.

It was by far the best twenty minutes of my life.

The clock in our bedroom showed half past four. Our dinner date with Kris was at 6 and I was still well enough to go out. With the towel wrapped around me I head to the common room, Tom was all dolled up in his signature leather jacket and dark blue jeans. His blonde hair was perfectly tosseled up with every curl looking glorious.

"Should I wear a dress or something more casual?" Tom barely moves, his cellphone glued to his left palm.

"Whatever you'd like." He flashes a smile.

"Remind me to hire you as my stylist." I retort sarcastically.

"Fine. A dress will work, nothing too fancy, dear."

I head back to the room, locking the door behind me, dropping my towel. Completely naked, I search for the perfect ensemble. I need to know the dress I'm going to wear so I can pick out the appropriate lingerie.