Chapter 1

"Happy anniversary, babe. Here's to many more!" He placed his arms around my front, nibbling at the base of my neck. Goosebumps took over my whole body as I fell into his grasp. 

"A year already? Jeez, it feels like a lifetime!" I turn around to look into my favorite pair of eyes, those of the greatest, kindest man I've ever met. "Tom, you really need to shave." I push him away as he tries to force me into a kiss, both of us laughing.

"So this is what it's come to....you won't kiss me unless I shave?" He takes the damp towel from around his neck and wipes his face before placing the shaving cream. "I like you shaved, Tom. Or bearded....but it’s the stages in between, that irritates me." He rolls his eyes as he dips his razor in the hot water, taking it one stroke at a time, revealing the bare, perfectly built jawbone beneath. 

The past year was insane. It was full of movie premieres, arguments, and birthdays and of course, drama. Never a dull moment when I'm around but I don't take any of it for granted. You shouldn't, right? I mean, I'm happy in almost every aspect of my life. 

But I'd be lying if I said that I erased that day from my mind.

***FLASHBACK***

"Tom, you need to come clean. Right now. Before we walk out to that limo in front of our family and friends." I was beyond angered. This wasn't supposed to be happening right now....or ever. This was supposed to be my saving grace, my new life with one of the greatest men I've ever met. 

Not a nightmare unfolding in front of everyone.

"It's complicated Marie. Honestly, I don't think I want to burden you or make you feel regretful." Tom bows his head, his arms crossed. I could feel my face get hot and my eyes began to gloss over.

"Regretful? You think if you tell me the truth about my supposed past, that I'd be the one regretful? You're ridiculous, Tom. I've came to terms with my past years ago but obviously there's something YOU don't want me to know."

After my dad ran after Landon, James and Kris snuck out to devise a distraction. I've never felt so powerful before. I was controlling Tom and surprisingly so, I was controlling myself for once. 

"This was our wedding day...." I whisper to myself as I lean against the table that our marriage licenses were resting, awaiting our signatures.

"This is our wedding day, babe." Tom walks over, his hands grabbing mine. "Can we at least try to enjoy it?"

As much as I want to push Tom away and verbally harass him, I take a deep breath and nod. "This isn't over, Thomas. I'll never forget this day. My wedding day, the day my ex came and crashed the most important and joyous day of our lives. And it's partially your fault."

I release my hands from his and look out the window. I see Kris talking to James and Luke- I tap the glass signaling them to come up. I could hear Tom shuffling back and forth. 

"Are you guys alright?" Kris asks. I look over at Tom who stops whatever he was about to say.

"We're ready to sign our lives away." I say jokingly. Tom slightly smiles. "I've got to make Marie my bride officially before she tries to run away!"

I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a joke or if Tom was actually thinking I'd leave him. 

The church official comes in and we begin the signing process. First the witnesses and then the bride and groom. When it's our turn to sign, Tom holds my hand. "I love you, Marie." I smile and nudge my head into his arm. "Always and forever, Tom."

***RETURN FROM FLASHBACK***

"Don't you and Kris have a girl's night out planned this week?" He fixes his gingerly-brown hair, winking at himself before sitting at his desk to check his emails. Tom is very anal about his morning ritual. Shave (or don't shave), brush teeth, do hair and check emails. It's the same thing every morning.

"Yeah, on Thursday I think. Oh, she wants us to meet her new boyfriend sometime this weekend." Tom stops and looks at me with confusing eyes. "Boyfriend? Kris?" I nod. 

I thought the same thing. They met at this gala that RADA hosted. She's really into him. His name is Joey. Pretty gorgeous if you ask me."

"I didn't ask." Tom smirks before he goes back to his 'important' emails. We had just moved into this gigantic house in London two months ago and we still haven't completely unpacked. There's boxes everywhere; in the bathroom, the kitchen, the closets and our bedroom. We live in a clutter.

I sit Indian style on the floor with a big box in front of me that's labeled Tom's Childhood. This should be good. 

The first thing I see is a clumped ball of red. I pull it out and unfold it. It's a cape. "Tom....what in the world is this?" I throw it at him laughing. It hits him in the face.

"What the.....hey! It's my cape!" His eyes widen with excitement. He looks like a little kid, an adorable kid. "Where'd you find this?!" I nod towards the box and he scoots off his chair to the spot right next to me. On his knees, he rummages through the box in curiosity. 

"Babe, this is stuff from when I was a kid!" He pulls out some homemade face masks and trophies. "Look! I made this when I was 8, I can't believe I still have this."

"Your mum probably packed this stuff for you." Tom pulls out an envelope that’s sealed with his family's crest in a red wax. 

To Thomas and Marie.

We look at each other confused. He quickly rips open the envelope before reading the note inside aloud.

I've packed this box for the both of you. Items that I've held onto for a long time and items I hope one day could be useful for when you two decide to settle down. Every family needs to make memories. Now it's time for your family to start creating memories.

                                   Love, Mum xoxo

I couldn't help but smile. I see Tom's eyes get watery. "Babe. I can't wait to start memories with you." Tom puts his arms around me, kissing my temple. "Marie, we've already begun."

They say that marriage means falling in love with the same person many times. Well, not a day goes by that I don't fall in love all over again with Tom. It's not perfect, we aren't perfect but every day we surprise each other.

The people in our lives remind us of how lucky we are to be with each other. That's what love is really about.

I love him.