Chapter 4

*** Flashback ***

"Well if that wasn't the wedding of the century then I don't know what is." I cross my arms in front of me, the sun shining through my floppy white hat. 

"Can we move on from it, Marie? It was perfect." Tom sighed heavily, his skin turning a light shade of pink. 

Ibiza was amazing, the waters were crystal clear and we had the island to ourselves. Or so it felt like we did.

"It was perfect until Landon --"

"Marie. I really don't want to be talking about your ex on our honeymoon." Tom sat up in his lounge chair, his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

"How about this. We enjoy our holiday and one another. Lets go do something we've never done before but most importantly, I want you to feel like this is our honeymoon. Tonight you're all mine. Not Landon's. All mine, darling and that will never change."

A smile crept upon my face. It was like a burden was lifted and the slate was cleaned. I overreacted about the situation when in reality, I was worried that I would lose Tom. That somehow Landon would get his way and that Tom and I wouldn never trust each other.

Love isn't forgiving and don't let anyone tell you it is. It's hard work and very complicated and it never comes out like you thought it would. 

Everything about Tom and I are so unconventional; the way we met, the first date, the proposal and even our wedding. 

It was never easy.

But today, in this exact moment, it all came to a head. 

"You're right. It's you and me babe. Lets begin this journey, lets go have some fun and maybe tonight we can consomate this thing."

*** End of Flashback ***

I woke up earlier than usual only to find the other side of my bed completely empty. The smell of food lingered into the bedroom enticing me to leave the world's most comfortable bed in existence. 

I stumbled into the kitchen to see Tom in front of the stove, his hips gringin along with the pumped up music. He was humming to the beat, a dirty towel thrown over his right shoulder. I glanced over at the clock; half past 7. 

"Ugh." I grunted, louder than anticipated. Tom jolted around, a smile on his face. He moved over to me, grabbing both my hands, moving them side to side. 

"Ah, Marie. Dance with me!" He pulled me closer to him as he took my hand in his and his other hand settling at the small of my back.

"It's too early..." I moaned. Tom bent down, his lips touching my neck. "Tom...." 

"It's never too early to shake your groove thang!" He starts grinding his hips along with the music.

"What move is this?" I stand back amused, watching my husband acting like a total dork. 

"Snake hips. Watch." He gets deeper in the grinding, his hands placed in front of him with a look of lust on his face. In all seriousness, he was turning me on.

"Save the Snake hips for later, babe." I place my hand on his chest, tip-toeing to give him my morning kiss. Behind him was a smorgasbord of food, all kinds of food. Eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, beans, bacon, ham, muffins; this man pulled out all the stops this morning.

"So, how are you feeling this morning?" Tom grabs a cup of tea and sits at the table, watching me closely. I shove a pancake down my throat, gulping it down with a tall glass of H20. "Hungry, are we?" He chuckles.