Chapter 27

Chapter 27

(Pic: No Media)

Steven's POV

Part of me knew that Bry was going to be okay, but another part of me was terrified that something wrong was going to happen. It seemed that I was always losing things in my life that were very close to my heart. I was pulled of my thoughts when Paul placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned and looked over at him.

"He'll be fine Steven. Both Molly and Cedrick are looking after him, and on top of that you have two guards looking after him, who were ordered to sacrifice their own lives in order to protect Bryan." Paul said, but even that reassurance didn't help get rid of the raging storm that was inside of me right now.

"STEVEN!" I hear both a male and female voice bark out from behind our group and I looked back to find both Sean and Mona running our way.

"Sean? Mona? What are you two doing here?" I asked. I was confused and somewhat agitated. I knew if they were here and Alpha Jonathan saw them on my side of the battle, he would accuse me of not only 'kidnapping' Bryan, but also his own children.

"We came to help. We know our father, and if he sees us on your side, he'll be less inclined to attack your pack. He's made the mistake once of going into battle without knowing where we were and we ended up being kidnapped and held hostage." Sean said. I narrowed my eyes at the both of them.

"And how do you think he'll at this situation with both of you by my side? He'll think that on top of me kidnapping Bryan, I'll have kidnapped you and brain washed you to be on my side. It's too risky. You two need to get back to your pack, and now!" I barked out. I could feel my anger rising more and more. But I knew that it wasn't their fault. It was the fact that I was about to possibly go into battle and my mate was nowhere near me.

"We're not leaving, so either we all head over to the clearing where our pack will already be waiting, or you try to overpower us. What will it be?" Mona took a step forward and I could feel the push of her alpha wolf coming through and for a moment I entertained the thought of bearing my neck to her.

I narrowed my eyes at her in a bit of shock. But as quickly as I felt the emotion, it quickly vanished and I took a big huff and nodded my head. "Fine, but you two stay by my side at all times and where your father can see you. If he so much as commands you to go back to his pack, you do so? Am I understood?" I asked the both of them, and responded with a sigh when they both nodded their head agreement.

"Let's go!" I shouted and our group made our way to the clearing. The knot in my stomach only grew with every step I took towards the clearing. This was not going to be easy.

Bryan's POV

I sighed for the millionth time since Steven left. I looked around the table I was sitting, Molly to my left and Cedrick to my right. They both gave me sympathetic smiles and Molly covered my hand with her own rubbing soothing circles into the tense muscles that lay beneath the surface.

"It'll be okay Bryan." Molly said with a calming voice. I just gave her a smile back. I wasn't really in the mood to talk.

Cedrick jumped up from the table and gave me kind of a shock as his sudden, unanticipated movement. "Let's play a game? I know we have a few board and card games down here! I just have to find them." Cedrick said with his finger on his chin, as if trying to remember their location.