Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Pic: Steven's Normal Eye Color)

Bryan's POV

"It's him!" I whispered so quietly that if it hadn't been for Mona's wolf hearing, she never would have heard me say it. 

"Where?" She asked getting close to me to see where I was looking.

I couldn't help but keep staring at him, while he returned it with a heated gaze of his own, his wolf no longer in control. Those beautiful green eyes that were speckled with blue around the outside of his iris, that I know I would some day call my own--some day soon I hoped--were looking at me with such an animistic lust and desire that his scorching gaze could melt stone!

Claim us NOW! My wolf barked, still under the restraints of our future Alpha's command.

"Are you talking about--"

"The sub!" I finished her sentence for her.

"No way! You do know who that is right?!" She said, with, from what I could tell out of my peripheral vision, was a shocked expression.

Her shocked expression still wasn't able to pull my eyes away from my mate, until his eyes snapped away from mine, no longer holding the fiery passion and desire I had seen in them only seconds ago. Now there was a mask of indifference and disinterest on his face, making pain strike through my body, like electricity, in unbearable amounts. My wolf whimpered and mewled at the heart wrenching pain we were feeling, which only meant one thing; we were being rejected.

How could our mate reject us? I thought.

With that simple thought, my eyes started tearing up and threatened to spill over, exhibiting my pain for everyone to see. Finally being able to take my eyes off of the man that was causing me this pain, I looked up to Mona to see her face fall from shocked to concern and worry. It seemed that somehow she knew what I was feeling, and every werewolf knew what happened when a wolf was rejected.

At the sound of his voice, my eyes snapped right back to him, "Hello, my name is Coach Wright," he started off, not even giving my direction a second glance, "and I will be your teacher for the remainder of the year. Mr. Simms broke both his legs and shattered the right side of his hip due to falling down several flights of concrete stairs yesterday afternoon."

Look at us! My wolf howled, but he seemed to be looking at every other place in front of him but where Mona and I were sitting.

"As for what you have been doin--"

His husky, deep toned voice was drowned out by the rapidly increasing pain that coursed through me. No longer able to stand the tearing and searing jabs of pain my heart was going through, from what could only be rejection, I surged up from my seat, the tears filling falling, and dashed down the bleachers towards the lockers with Mona yelling out for me to stop.

Not able to help myself, I stole a glance behind me, having one last piece of hope that Coach Wright would come after me, but I was only met with a hard emotionless mask.

* * * *

After having put my regular clothes back on in a hurry and gathering my belongings, I ran out toward the forest located behind the school and beyond the football field. From behind me, I could here two different pairs of foot steps pounding into the earth, yelling for me to stop, but I only wanted to get away from the agonizing pain.

Clearing the trees, I ran several more meters until I was tackled to the ground by a body that I would recognize anywhere, having known it all my life.

It was then when the sobs broke through my self control and I rolled over to find any form of comfort that Sean could offer me. He picked us up and pulled me into him strong iron gripped hug, while my arms twisted around his waist, pulling him closer. He allowed me to cry all over his shirt and shoulder, while Mona came up from behind me and hug me, placing us into a hug sandwich with me in the middle.

"What happened?" Sean whispered to Mona, probably thinking I wouldn't here him through my sobs.

"I don't know! He came out of the locker room looking defeated, most likely hoping he would find his mate in there, and as soon as he sat down next to me on the bleachers and I mention the new substitute for the gym..." She stopped short, not wanting me to relive the event.

"What? Mona what happened?" Sean's patients wearing thin.

"He looked at the Coach and said mate." She said, grabbing onto me tighter when saying the last part.

"That's great! ... Then why--" Sean began to ask but I cut him off.

"He rejected me!" I sobbed out simultaneously as my wolf howled in agony. I could feel a new sob begin in place of the old one with the memory of my thought to be mate's look of indifference on his face.

"I'll kill him!" Sean snarled, making his grip on me tight to the point of suffocation, but I welcomed it as it brought a small amount of comfort. But we all knew there was only one person that could take away this pain and it looked like he didn't want anything to do with me.

"Sean, there's still one more problem." Mona said making me stop sobbing long enough to look up at her.

"What?" Both Sean and I asked at the same time.

Mona gave me a look of sympathy before looking back up at Sean. "The substitute, Coach Wright, he's the Alpha of the Black Mountain Pack; our rival!" That last bit of information was just enough to push me over.

The last thing I remember going through my head before the sweet numbing darkness came over me was, Why?

______________

Author's Note:

Well that was Chapter 4 and I got it out pretty fast with all the things I've been doing lately!

Do you guys think I might be going too fast, too slow, or is it just right for this type of drama? And what do you guys think of Steven's reaction to Bryan, or for a matter of fact, Bryan's melodramatic reaction to Steven's look of indifference? ... OH and what do you guys think of Steven's natural eye color over there???

Again, thanks for reading and, please, remember to,

VOTE

COMMENT (both sides are welcome)

& SUBSCRIBE / FOLLOW!!!

Thanks XD