Where am I...?

>Narrator pov<

When (y/n) was young, her village was attached by yokai.  She tried to run away, like her father told her, but her small legs gave out. She passed out near a large oak tree.  A fox yokai saw the young female and was overtaken by her beauty.  Her picked her up bridal style and took her in order to protect her.  He hid her about a mile away.  While he left to deal with the village, a goddess blessed the human girl.

The goddess made her a yokai such as the man that saved her. (Y/n) became a wolf, or Okami.  The goddess also made her the goddess of wildlife; however, the girl didn't wake up for several hundred years, and had no memory of it.

>your pov<

Where am I? I sat up and looked around.  My (h/c) hair was a rat's nest and had two large, wolf-like ears.  I had a matching tail, making me look very wolf-like. I was wearing a black shirt that exposed my shoulders and black pants with black boots covering the bottom.  The exposed parts of my arms had fish-net gloves covering them. I looked in the mirror beside the only door in the small room. My (e/c) eyes were shifting between shades and my hair nearly reached my ankles. A bright blue stone shone from a lengthy necklace around my neck. I could feel the thick, black choker around my neck.

I slowly opened the door and crept out. I saw two spirits talking to a man with white hair and purple eyes.  Like me, he had the ears of an animal.  He was a fox.

"Please Lord Tomoe! You have to! She should be waking up soon!" One of the spirits begged.

"What makes you think she'd be waking up now? She's been asleep for almost 600 years!" The fox fired back.

"Um, excuse me?" I spoke softly.  "Do you know where I am or how I got here?"

"Lord Tomoe! The goddess has awoken from her slumber!" The other spirit exclaimed.

"Okiniri, I can literally see her. I don't need you to point it out." The fox, whom I assumed was Tomoe, told the spirit. He turned to me.  "I'm Tomoe, Lord Mikage's familiar. And you are?"

"My name is (y/n, l/n). I'm afraid that's all I can tell you.  It seems that I have lost my memory." I told him.

"You were asleep for a few hundred years." The male spirit spoke cheerfully.  "It's good to see the nature goddess is doing well!"

"Kotestsu! She probably doesn't even know that she's a goddess!" Tomoe sighed.

"I'm a what-now?" I asked them, coming further out of the room that I had awoken from.

Once again, the fox spirit sighed.  "Before you fell asleep for 600 years, you became a goddess. Before that, you were just a human, but you also became a wolf yokai that night. You seriously don't remember anything besides your name? What a useless little girl."

"Excuse me?" I asked angrily.  How dare he call me useless? And he wasn't even a whole lot taller than me.  Six inches taller at most.

"She could probably just weed the yard and count the money offerings, if that."

"EXCUSE ME! I AM STILL STANDING RIGHT HERE!" I shouted at him. His nerve. "I CAN HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR!"

The man looked at me coldly and spoke bluntly. "To be completely honest, I don't even know why Mikage decided that we would keep you in the shrine for so long. It's a good thing you weren't human, because if that were the case, the lack of eating for 600 years would have killed you by now. On second thought, that might not be so bad. That's one less insolent creature I have to deal with day-in and day-out."

What's with this guy? As if he has the right to call me insolent! He's the one being rude! I've had about enough of this "Tomoe" guy.

"I'm sorry, but I do not recall asking for your opinion. Besides, if anyone here is insolent, it's obviously the fox. I am a lady and should be treated as one." I half-yelled at him. "You don't even have the right to judge what I can and can't do! You barely know me!"

"And yet, I know you better than you know yourself. All you knew about yourself was your name, while I knew what you are now and how you came to be what you are." Tomoe fired back. He does have a point though.

"That doesn't mean you know what kind of person I am!" I shouted. "And how do you know what I'm capable of?"

Tomoe glared at me and walked back into a room that I assumed was the kitchen. "Tch. Whatever."

I practically growled at his retreating figure as he added, "Just don't cause me any trouble. Got it?"

I turned sharply and walked outside. What is wrong with that horrific man? Does he really think he can talk to me that way? It's not my fault I can't remember anything from the past. Why am I even still here? I'm obviously not wanted. I began to quietly sing a sad song. I'm not sure where I learned it, but it was at least something.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Sorry if this X reader isn't very good. It's my first fanfic.