-35-

"This had better be a joke, Elizabeth!" Dad shouted down the phone as I flinched. Gabe came over and held me in his arms for reassurance. "Tell me you're joking!"

"...I'm not joking, Dad... we realised this morning... Luci could sense it and so could I..." I tried to keep my voice steady but it cracked in places. This side of Dad scared me...

"What the hell?! How are you pregnant? Wait... who's the father?" I got the feeling he already knew full well who it was but he was hoping it wasn't. In the background, I could hear Dean suddenly say, "Pregnant?" and Sam reply with, "She didn't sound pregnant..."

"Gabriel..." I muttered, closing my eyes and waiting for the explosion to happen on the other end.

"That bastard..." Dad seethed, quieter than I'd expected, "I guess I should've seen this happening at some point but not this soon! What the hell were you thinking, Elizabeth?"

"I'll tell you exactly what I was thinking, Dad," I replied sharply, figuring it was best to be straightforward about it rather than cowering at his anger, "I was thinking that I'm eighteen. That I have my own choices about what I do. That I have a loving boyfriend who will stick with me throughout this whole horrid business..." Gabe pulled me closer, a small smile on his lips, "That's what I was thinking..."

Dad blew out a breath before replying, "I'm sorry, Elizabeth... You're right... I'm still going to strangle the bastard but you made this decision... You realise what this means, right?"

"That I've created another abomination? Yeah, I realise that..."

"Not only that. Heaven is going to want you even more now because if you die, they can have the child and I'm guessing the child of a Nephalem and an archangel will be even more powerful than you..." As he pointed that out, it sunk in. Up until that point, I had been the most powerful known creature in the universe... now we'd created something even greater...

"Damn..." was all I could manage and Gabe looked up, probably reading my thoughts although I'd warned him not to multiple times. "So, what you're saying is that... this child... is even more of a threat than me?"

"Yes, Dear..." Again the Winchesters were bickering about something in the background but I'd tuned them out by that point. "You'd best be getting prepared. You've got nine months, maybe less, and no one knows the power it will have... You were right about help - you're gonna need all the help you can get..."

"Can you convince the Winchesters? And Cas?" He hummed in reply which I guessed was a yes. "Thanks, Dad..."

"Not a problem, Darling-" he was about to hang up when he stopped, "Oh, and be a dear and tell Gabriel I'm going to skin him the next time I see him. I could do with a nice feathered carpet... Ciao, Honey!" The change in his tone told me he knew Gabe was listening in.

I raised an eyebrow as he hung up, glancing at the phone incredulously before placing it back in its cradle. "I'm guessing you heard that?" I questioned the wide-eyed Gabe beside me who nodded, gulping, "Hey? At least he's not gonna kill you, right?"

He looked at me as if I'd grown another head, "Yeah... always looking on the bright side..."

"I don't know, Gabriel..." Luci mused from across the room, placing his forefinger on his chin in thought as he tilted his head at his brother, "I think you'd make a nice carpet..."

Gabe glared at him in annoyance, "Shut up..." He turned to me, "I expected him to be like that, I guess..."

"Of course he's like that," I pointed out, brushing a stray hair away from his face as he shivered against my cold fingertips, "He's my Dad. He's just being a typical Dad with the whole 'I'll kill you if you touch my daughter' speech. Only issue for you is that he might actually go through with it... I'd watch your back, if I were you..."

"Thanks for the encouragement, Beth..." The sarcasm was dripping from his lips as he looked over at Lucifer. "We've probably got them on our side, now... Just don't go tormenting Sam again, he was an absolute wreck last time..."

I looked between them questioningly as Luci chuckled, putting on an innocent expression, "I don't know what you mean, brother... Me? Torment little Sammy? I'm shocked..." He slapped a hand over his absent heart to emphasise his words.

"Oh, come on, Luci - everyone figured out it was you who caused those hallucinations. Sam's mind wasn't messed up enough to make you so life-like..." Gabe rolled his eyes as his brother shrugged.

"Okay, so it was me? I'm sure he agrees we had a great time together, lots of memories." Something about the way Gabe was looking at him showed me that Sam definitely would not agree... I wasn't sure I wanted to know the story behind it... "Anywho... I think I'll go and snoop around for a while, try and find where Mikey's hanging around?"

"Yeah, okay, we were gonna go out for a bit anyway. Get some fresh air..." As Gabe said it, I shot him a looked that asked, 'We were?'. "We'll see you back here... whenever..."

Luci nodded, looking between us suspiciously before smiling and flying off, the flutter of wings and chill air being the only evidence he was ever there. "We're going out?"

"Yeah," Gabe chirped, heaving himself up and off the bed and pulling me up after him, "I thought we'd go for a walk - in the woods, of course - since we've barely had time to take it all in or think in the past twenty-four hours... What do you think? You up for it?"

I laughed at the sudden caution in his eyes, "Gabe, I'm about nine hours pregnant, not nine months... I'm pretty sure I can handle myself."

"Good," he blushed a light pink before laughing awkwardly along with me, taking my hand in his, "I want to show you something..."