Nothing's Change

Madoka sat in her hospital bed, thinking about what would happen next. She had a neutral look on her face, void of any emotion. The day had gone by very slowly and visiting hours were coming to a close. Madoka had many people come to see her today, but she was waiting for one more.

         Gingka had not arrived yet. This actually gave Madoka more time to think about what she wanted to say to him. She couldn't think of what to say or if she even wanted to say it. There was a part of her that liked the attention that she had started to receive from Gingka, but she knew it wasn't right.

         After Gingka left her yesterday, Madoka remembered everything about the day she got hit. She wanted to go on a dinner date with Gingka, which Gingka accepted. She got herself dressed up for the occasion and went to meet Gingka in the Bey Park. He saw she was practicing with Pegasus, which she didn't mind at first. However, after four endless hours of practicing with no end in sight, Madoka decided to call it a day. Gingka did not even remember that they had a date, which brought her to run away, crying. With tears in her eyes, she ran blindly, not knowing of her surroundings. Running away upset, she didn't see the truck coming that eventually coming.

         The thoughts of the day troubled her because she knew that Gingka was only paying attention to her because she got hit. She really didn't have a problem because she knew that before she remembered that day. It was the fact that he didn't care about her until she got hurt. She didn't like the fact that she could do anything and Gingka wouldn't notice unless she was maimed. In fact, all the flowers that Gingka left started to make her sick to her stomach.

         She tried to not let her distress show throughout the day. She wore a fake smile when Kenta, Hyoma and Benkei all visited throughout the day. They all were worried and were glad that she was alright. Benkei told her that Kyoya was worried, but he was too busy practicing for his match against Gingka. She wasn't surprised that Kyoya didn't visit her in the hospital, but it was nice to hear that he did have some concern for her. There was one person; however, that she couldn't fool.

        *A few hours earlier*

         Madoka sighted as she just ended her visit with Benkei. "He's a nice guy, but there can be times when he's just too much to handle." She said to herself. She had spent the last hour listening to Benkei talking about how he was helping Kyoya train so that he could finally defeat Gingka.

         She was about to lie down and take a nap when Nurse Joy came in. "You have another visitor, Miss Amano.

         "Madoka thought for a second. On one hand, she was a little tired and was not ready to speak to Gingka, if that was the person that was the person that was visiting. On the other hand, she knew that she would have to talk to Gingka about it and it would be best to get it over with.

         "You can let them in," Madoka said to Nurse Joy. She liked her nurse. She was very sweet and kind to Madoka. She did whatever she could to make Madoka feel comfortable, including talking to her when Madoka needed a companion.

         "Okay sweetie." Nurse Joy left and Hikaru Hasama walked in Hikaru was one of the few female Beybladers in Japan. She wore a white shirt that rested under her blue jacket and skirt. She had retired from Beyblade after suffering a devastating loss and became the assistant to the director of the WBBA (World Beyblade Battle Association), Gingka's father Ryo.

         Madoka got well with Hikaru very well, despite their differences. Madoka has a very nice and kind personality, while Hikaru was a character, full of angst. The fact that they were both females made it easy to get along, since they were normally surrounded by boys. Madoka also felt comfortable talking about everything with Hikaru, including her crush on Gingka. However, she thought she should hide this from her, mainly because she had no idea what to make of the situation that she was in.