IV

Gerard had returned home after his small adventure with Ray and Frank because of an alarmingly urgent phone call from his mother (he had forgotten to tell her where he was).

"Gerard, you had me so worried!" She said, purposefully feigning drama. She forcefully scooped her son into her arms and squeezed him tightly.

Gerard rolled his eyes. "M-mom... I, I can't bre-heath!" He wheezed.

She sighed and let him go, leaving him gasping for air.

"Well, where were you?" Donna interrogated.

Gerard blushed. "Out with friends..." he said. She peered at him inquisitively.

"Were there any girls there?" She questioned with a devious smile.

Gerard's smile dropped for a second before he put on another fake one. He tried to amp up his blush to make it seem more believable. "N-no?" He said.

Donna rolled her eyes. "Bring home the lucky lady to meet me one day." She said before waltzing back into the kitchen where she was currently baking muffins.

The second her back turned, Gerard's facade dropped and he sighed. Donna still didn't know about Gerard's sexual preferences.

Although, now that Gerard thought about it, he could bring home a boyfriend for a sleepover and Donna would just think they were friends... and then they could get it- no no.

Gerard shuddered. He was way to young for that shit.

Anyway, Gerard thought he was pretty lucky that his mom still thought he was straight. Although it would have been nice to not have to worry about it and feel awkward every time sexuality came up.

Plus being gay was the right way. At least in his mind.

Gerard decided to leave Donna to whatever she was making while he retreated back into his room.

Dropping his backpack on his floor, his entire body followed close behind.

Lying on his stomach, Gerard pondered life for a while.

Why exactly was it, that people always immediately assumed your straight? And isn't the fragility of 'normal' so interesting? A couple thousand years ago or whatnot, it was normal, even stressed, that everyone like boys and girls.

But now, it's only straight people that are truly accepted. Gerard thought that was a damn shame.

After a while, his cheeks started to hurt from being pressed into the beige carpet on his floor, so Gerard stood up.

After seeing stars for approximately 15 seconds, he felt okay enough to waltz over to his window to peer outside.

Construction was going on behind his house, so it looked a bit like a desolate waste land at the moment. Gerard liked it.

Sometimes he felt like his life was sort of like a desolate wasteland too, but then he realized he was being to emo and would eat food or something.

He really liked salt and vinegar chips at the moment.

Gerard decided he was too delirious to do anything, so he took a nap. It ended up being a 10 hour nap.

In the morning, Gerard realized he had forgotten to do his homework.

---------------------------------------

wow wow wow. the most shittiest chapter to ever exist.

so. obviously i havent updated this for a while. which is why i wanted to get this chapter out A S A P

which is why its cut short and unedited. lol

sorry grace. tbh i really only need a beta for like... two stories so

🙃🙃🙃, and as always,

Keep Running

-xølilly