Chapter 24

"Sierra that's how people get killed." I said while Monica payed for all three of the dresses.

"Oh don't overreact, you'll be fine. I'll be there with you!" She smiled.

"No! If i do decide to go, which i won't, but if i did, i would not bring my little sister with me!"

"Why not?" She frowned as we walked out of the door and said thank you to Kamryn, the worker.

"Because it's too creepy and dangerous."

"You're being a wimp." Sierra giggled.

My phone started to ring in my back pocket, "hold that thought." I said as i saw it was Megan and slid the bar so it would answer the call.

"Oh i have been holding the thought of you being a wimp for thirteen years." Sierra said as she stuck her tongue out at me like she was four.

I rolled my eyes at her as i listened for Megan to say something. "Hello?" She finally said after complete silence.

"Hi." I said, the anger very noticeable in my voice.

"What's wrong? Where are you?" Megan asked.

"Um the fact that you played that whole prank on me... we just went over this in your hospital room!" I said, raising my voice which caused Monica to look back at me as we reached her car. "And i just got done dress shopping, what do you want?"

"What prank?" Megan asked, she actually did sound confused, she must have some acting skills that i didn't know about.

"The whole put flowers in that random hospital room and say they were from my mom or whatever and you needed help. You're so clever." I scoffed.

"I didn't do any of that."

"Oh sure you didn't, you don't remember?" I asked, trying to get her to admit she was the one who did all of it.

"No, i really don't."

"The whole saying my mom was alive and had skeletons in her closet... does any of that ring a bell to you?" I asked, starting to get really frustrated.

"Chelsea what are you even talking about? Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine just it wasn't funny!"

"I didn't do it." She said, and i was actually starting to kind of believe her for some reason, even though i didn't want to.

"What did they want?" She asked.

"For me to meet them tonight at midnight."

"Pick me up at eleven-thirty, we'll take down whoever this is together." She said before hanging up, causing my phone to beep two times, telling me the phone call was over.

I don't even want to go. And now both my younger sister and best friend want to? This whole midnight meet-up thing has disaster written all over it.

-

I pulled on my black boots and grabbed my light brown coat out of my closet. My coats were the only thing hung up in my closet.

"Are you ready?" Sierra asked as she walked through my doorway, into my bedroom.

"As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." I sighed as I looked in the mirror one last time before I grabbed my keys off of my vanity.

"I have a surprise for you." Sierra said, giggling in the doorway.

"Is it ice cream?" I joked.

"No it's a person." She said.

"A person?" I asked, confused on what the surprise was.