Wipe it All Away

After finishing off with Laurence, having to have gone to the girls' toilets after to clean himself up, Drew heads to the car. The driver smiles at the sight of him.

"So, how was your first day?" He asks.

Drew shrugs, not really in the mood to tell him everything.

"Straight home?" He checks.

Drew thinks for a moment before trying. "Can I see the orphanage I came from?"

"Which one would that be honey?" The driver smiles back at his customer.

"Green House Academy for Orphans." Drew replies.

"It's quite a long way, are you sure your parents are okay with that?" The driver checks.

"They said I could go after I went to school." Drew lies.

The driver sighs before starting the car. "To the orphanage it is."

Drew smiles at the sound of this and makes himself comfortable in the back seat for the long journey. The longer they drive, the more satisfied Drew becomes.

This all ends when the driver receives a phone call. "Jennie, dear, it's from your mother, could you answer it while I'm driving?"

Drew frowns when he's given the phone, knowing that it would be her probably demanding that they all go back. He thinks up a quirky idea and picks up the phone.

"Hi." Drew chirps.

"Jennie, good, you're okay, where are you?" Mrs. Baker asks.

"I um, I think you have the wrong number." He continues to lie, hanging up with a satisfied smirk.

"What happened?" The driver asks.

"Wrong number apparently." Drew shrugs as it starts ringing again.

The driver gives Drew a concerned look in the mirror.

Drew nods and picks up again.

"Jennie, don't you dare hang up on me!" Mrs. Baker growls.

"Hello? I can't hear anything. I think I'm losing signal." Drew smirks.

At the sound of this, the driver pulls over and takes the phone from Drew.

"Excuse me, who is this?" He checks.

When he hears the answer, he looks at Drew in disappointment.

"Yes ma'am, we'll be right there." He replies, ending the call and turning the car around.

"What are you doing?" Drew challenges.

"I'm not taking you to the orphanage, are you aware that what you've just done has almost made me lose my job?" He explains.

"It's either your job or my life." Drew mutters.

"Don't even try it, I can't believe you'd lie to me like that and you don't even feel guilty." He cuts in.

"They don't love me, don't send me there, please!" Drew pleads.

"Jennie, they do not abuse you in any way, they're good people, stop making a big deal out of this!" The driver demands.

"Yes they do! You fucking idiot! Why the hell else do they not let me see my best friend?" Drew cries out.

"There is a time for that and there are arrangements you need to make with them. You can't just go all the way to the orphanage to see your friend whenever you feel like it!"

"Why the hell not? It's not like they'll take me there to see him!" Drew whines. "They hate me!"

"No they don't, they're just trying to do what's right for you." He points out.

Cold Lonely Nightsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें