One

I closed my eyes, readjusting the pillow under my head, thinking of ways to escape Abnegation and not have to go through the testing that everyone has to go through to be put in a Faction.

Don't want to be Factionless either, my subconscious tells me.

I groan, a few strands of my whitish blonde hair laying on my face. I take a deep breath as I feel the chill in the air for the first time.

God it's cold, I hiss as I pull on a pair of dull tan jeans, a grey shirt and black boots.

I through my hair up in a high ponytail, then I very very quickly look in a hidden mirror to see my beautiful eyes.

Deep violet with hints of gold and blue, not a proper Abnegation girl, I think as I quickly brushed my teeth.

"Cadence Lee Harrison, get in here now," I hear my mom shout.

I groan, wishing I was the same age as my brother, Aiden, who picked Dauntless ten years ago.

You were eight, he was eighteen, I think as I pull a pale grey sweatshirt over my shirt to hide the scars from fights I've defended friends in.

I knew I was Divergent. I knew I fit into more than one faction.

Abnegation - You are considered selfless, Amity - You value kindness, nature, and peace, Candor - You feel the truth should be shared and refuse to lie, black and white thinking. Dauntless - You are considered brave and daring or Erudite - You are considered curious and intelligent.

I fit in Abnegation, Dauntless and Amity and I knew that without the aptitude test!

I pop my shoulders, then I head into the kitchen to see my mom, dad and eight year old brother Brayden.

I feel a chill go down my spine as I stare into Mom's steel ice blue left eye. Her black hair was in a bun, her right eye had a scar that went through it.

"Cadence, just be safe," she says, her eyes softening.

"Don't choose dauntless," Dad mutters, trying to forget he was a former dauntless member.

Brayden tugs on my right sleeve, tears falling from his green eyes.

"Please come home," he says.

"I will, Bray, I will," I mutter as I pat his head.

"Cadence, please eat," Mom begs.

"Don't have time, gotta take AT before I freak out," I mutter.

"I think Ryn's waiting outside," Dad says.

"I see her," I say.

"Be safe," Mom says.

I nod.

I walk outside to meet Ryn, a girl that's been my friend and sister since we were a year old.

She has her curly red hair in a fluffy ponytail, her piercing emerald green eyes looked brighter because of the blood red ring around her pupils.

She had on a dark pair of jeans, a white long sleeve shirt that almost blended in with her skin.

"Are you dreading the test," she asks me.

"I am Ryn, I also dread it ten years from now for Brayden," I tell her as we walk to the school.

"He'll be fine, he has ten years left before the test," Ryn says.

"Eryn, I'm not sure he'll make it if my dreams come true," I hiss, thinking of the dreams I've had about Erudite using Dauntless to eliminate Abnegation.

Today can't get any worse!