Thirteen

~Eric's POV~

I watched Cade as we were all on the train heading to the abandoned amusement park for capture the flag. I had to be careful picking people so Four didn't pick Aiden and Cade.

Naturally Four picked Tris first, but I wasn't going to say anything. I picked Molly, then Four picked Aiden. I silently let out the breath I had held in.

"Ryn," I say, giving her my second pick.

"Will," Four said.

I was down to my third pick and I hoped I didn't screw this up.

"Cade," I say.

Aiden lowly growled at me, but Cade came and stood beside Ryn and myself. Aiden whispered in Four's ear and four nodded.

"Ophelia," Four said.

A petite woman around twenty five years old walked over to Four's team. She stood beside Aiden and smirked at me, then she smirked at Cade.

Cade growled lowly, but she kept her cool. She looked at me, then straight ahead.

Four and I explained how capture the flag worked. I smirked when Four asked me to explain about the darts that acted like realistic bullets.

Cade, having seen my smirk, raised her rifle and shot her older brother in the right thigh.

"Son of a bitch," Aiden hissed, pulling the dart out. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths, but he had anger in his eyes.

"Save it for the game," Four and I say, but I was secretly proud of Cade.

Cade started laughing, then I got the joke. Soon my whole team was laughing at Aiden.

"What," he barked, still in pain.

Cade chuckled, "You called yourself a bitch.".

Aiden smacked his forehead and gave the dart Cade had shot him with back to me, "Don't hurt her. Don't touch her. Don't make her angry.".

I heard Cade scoff, but I held my hand up. She nodded and went silent.

Aiden rolled his eyes and went back to stand with Four's team.

I got my team off the train first, Molly carrying our flag. I start thinking, then an idea forms in my head.

"Molly, let Cade have your position," I say, changing my plan.

"You told me I was supposed to guard the flag," she whined.

Cade turned on her heels and aimed her rifle right at Molly's chest, "Give me the flag.".

Molly gulps and hands it over to Cade, who hides the glowing cloth and takes off running to the tower.

"Why'd you pick her," Peter whined.

"She's valuable.".

Through the soft glow from the flag I saw Cade take up a sniper position, then I noticed my extra com device was missing.

"Sniper in position," came Cade's soft voice in my left ear and the rest of my teams ears.

I signal for Cade to switch to another channel and I do the same, telling my team to get into position.

As I walk off I say into my com device, "Good Girl, Cade.".

"Is that why you set up this second channel," she asked.

"Just guard the flag and I'll tell you later," I say.

"Okay," she replied.

I hope this goes well.