Chapter Fourteen

A week after their quidditch match Draco was walking around the edge of the Forbidden Forest. The forest had scared him as a first year. He remembered it well.

Him and Harry had been serving detention when they found a dead unicorn and a hooded figure. It looked at them still feasting on it's innocent prey. He hadn't known that the hooded monster had been Voldemort at the time. That however did not change how scared he had been. Now as he walked along the forest edge he knew he had nothing to fear. At least not the dark Lord anyway.

"Well. well. well." Came a voice from behind a tree. Draco knew who that voiced belonged to as soon as it came.

Draco turned to face the voice hoping that there was a slight chance he was wrong.

"Oh if it isn't my precious little blood traitor nephew." Bellatrix's voice chirped in a sinister way.

Draco ignored her. Fury raged in his pale grey eyes. So did fear. They had found him. They were going to kill him. He would die and Harry would never know how or why.

From the corner of his eyes he saw her raise her wand. She struck before he could even grasp his own wand. There was a flash of red light. Then everything was dark and it was over.

~~~~

"Why must you study every second of every day?" He asked Hermione.

"Because I have exams soon and can never be too prepared." Hermione looked up from her book.

They were in the deserted library on this Saturday morning. Hermione hated hiding the relationship from her friends but they would never accept it if they knew.

He stood up from his seat across the table from her closing his book. He stood behind her and rubbed her shoulders.

She was always so tense. Especially with the N.E.W.T.s in less than three months. She was also extremely adorable when she studied.

He planted a light kiss on her neck. She giggled but pushed his face away still smiling.

"I really must study." She warned him.

He gave in and sat back into his seat. "Fine then." He had been defeated. "I'm going for a walk."

He couldn't sit in the library anymore. He loved to watch Hermione study but he just hated staying locked up.

"Don't leave!" Hermione looked away from her Ancient Runes book.

He held out his hand to her "Then by all means come along."

Reluctant to leave her studying but hating to be away from him more, she took his out streached hand.

They left the library. Normally when they left the library or anywhere else for that matter, they separated as quickly as possible. It wasn't that they didn't want to be seen with each other. It was that they couldn't. This time however they only let go of each other's hand.

They walked in silence. Although most of the castle corridors were empty this early in the morning, they stayed far enough away from each other so that no one would know.

Hermione was about to leave the castle when Harry stopped her.

"Have you seen Draco? I can't seem to find him anywhere."

Hermione shook her head. "No Harry I haven't. Perhaps he is off with his friends or in Slytherin common room."

"But he wouldn't be. He promised to meet me at the quidditch pitch." Harry argued. "And he's not anywhere on the map."

Then Harry noticed someone eavesdropping. Or at least he seemed to be.

"Can I help you sir?" Harry asked the professor. "Wait." Harry had remembered now that Draco and Snape knew each other well. "Have you seen Draco?"

Snape glared at Harry. "No. Why Potter?" He raised his right eyebrow.

"We had plans but Draco never showed." Harry fiddled with his thumbs "I just still get worried. It's not like him."

"Yes. It's not." Said Snape then he stalked off.

"I really would love to help you stalk your boyfriend Harry, but I've got other plans." Hermione sounded sympathetic but she still ran off past Snape and out of the castle.

Harry went to find Parkinson and Zabini. They were some of Draco's closest friends so they might know where he was.

He had just as much luck with Parkinson and Zabini as he did with Hermione and Snape. Harry still didn't give up. He had to find Draco. People couldn't just disappear from Hogwarts. He had to find him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not sure how much you'll like this chapter but.... I had it written but then Alan Rickman passed away and I couldn't bring myself to publish. RIP Alan Rickman.