1. Sarah

June 29th 1986

"If that damned ol' mailman keeps up messing my mail with that jackasses Murphy's I'm gonna shoot at him!" Mrs. Betty exclaimed, me and Car looked at each other smiling, I chuckled "Betty, ya know yourself he will shoot back" I said, she looked back at me "Sarah Lee St. Louis, my guns bigger then his!" momma Betty said, Carrie laughed "Sarah Lee."

"You watch your tone Carolina Lynn" Betty said, I laughed back, and she stuck out her tongue as we fixed up the kitchen table, we lived in Rome, Georgia. Beautiful place, me and Carrie have grown to like it here in the past three to four years, Car isn't as bad as she used to be. But, she still wants to go to NY or L.A I'm not leaving Mrs Betty, she is like my mom in everyway, she wears a purple dress over a white one with a orange button up over it, flats and knee high socks.

I smile "I'm going upstairs to change I will be back down" I said, and went upstairs to my room, it was painted blue when I got here and had hockey stuff everywhere, I switched it to dark purple walls striped with baby blue, bandana's over my two lamps kinda diming the lights, a make up desk with mirror, and lights around it in a corner, I had painted it dark pink and the drawers were black, my desk was baby blue the drawers to it were pink.

My bed was four poster with purple and green comforter, my purple stuffed cat sat on the bed and a full veiw mirror hung over my door with band pictures of Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, David Bowie, Cheap Trick, The Who, Rolling Stones and especially Kiss plus more all over my room, I smiled and went to my bathroom.

I showered and came out putting on black leggings, black cowgirl boots, a Johnny Cash shirt, blue jean vest that came past my waist, a bandana around my neck and my blonde hair pulled up on the side of my head, it was so long it hung down a little past my neck, I walked out of my room and saw my sister cooking as Betty went through her mail, she held out a envelope to me "This is for you, Sarah Lee" she said.

I took it and looked at it closely before seeing who it was from, John Lee St. Louis, I rolled my eyes and put it in the mail before helping Carr with breakfast, me and Carrie had our parents middle names hse had our moms, I had our dads middle name.

WE finished breakfast and all thee sat at the table, Betty smiled "My grandsons are coming home" she said, and smiled at us "Since you two took two of 'ems rooms, they will have to share, maybe I will put Bruce and Richard in one and Bret and Robert in the other?" she asked herself, me and Carr looked at the other before looking back at Betty.

"Yes, I will do that" she said, and smiled at us as she drunk some bud light "They have been away on tour, they coming back home in a few days, Robert and Bret will get here first apparently, then Bruce and Richard."

"As long as I don't have to share my room" me and Carr said at the same time, Betty shook her head "I wouldnt make you share a room with any of them -especially Bret- they are all man whores" she said, Carr spit out of her drink and I laughed.

"Oh yay" I said, and suddenly got worried about me and my sister, what if they try something on us? I got a twenty two in my room I will practice shooting with at them, I think and Carr smiled "Auburn is going up against Georgia at six today" she said, and smirked.

Betty chuckled "AS long as you two don't kill each other like ya almost did last time" she said, me and Car smirked "No worries" we both said, and she laughed "I need a beer" Carr said, Betty scowled "No under age drinking in my house" she said "If your going to do that go on down to Rupert's and buy me a beer while yer at it."

"Momma Betty!" I said, and Carrie laughed before going to grab a jacket, I sighed as I heard the door close, Betty smiled "GIve her something to do while I talk to ya" I looked at her, she grabbed my hand "Gal, I know that was from your daddy. Now I dont agree with how he done ye and yer sister, but he wants to talk to you both. Sarah Lee, I wouldnt keep it from her for long."

"I know momma Betty, but he- he didnt want neither of us."

"Yes, I know. Anyway, I have a grandson who would fit just right for you-" I stopped her.

"Momma, I don't want to get married and leave you and Carr alone, and if she goes off to some big city I won't leave you here alone" I told her, she crossed her arms and gave a pout "Momma, you have been a sister to my momma, and a second momma to me and Carr, I am not gonna leave you alone here, not when you can shoot that mailman!" I said, and we both laughed.

"Lee, your almost twenty four, you don't need to keep lookin' after me and your sister. You can't keep watching after us until you fifty!" she said, I huffed "I can try to" I said, she smiled and patted my hand as she held it "Sarah Lee, I'm not trying to marry ya off but, you do need to date someone for once."

I havent dated anyone since I was fifteen, because I always needed to look after Carrie. My first and only boyfriend said I looked after my family too much, well sorry. My mom had cancer, my sister had baseball practices that I would take her to, then momma couldnt help Carrie much because she worked at the hospital 24/7, so I had to help Carr with her homework, practicing for baseball, do my own homework, cook and clean, and get daddy situated when he came in from work.

I guess I am used to acting older then I am always worrying about Carr, and my dad, Momma Betty is just scared I am going to worry myself into the ground, I guess I will one day, I never slow down I have a job at the diner down the street while Carr does her college homework and goes to college, I didnt ever go, we only had the money for Carrie to go to Georgia State, she dont stay in the dorm she comes home to help me.

Sometimes I wonder if I am going to fast with it all? Nah, I'm fine, and kickin' thats all that matters.