chapter 3. The party

Highschool parties, their always so fun apparently that everyone goes. No matter who is throwing the party. Katie, (y/n) best friend was throwing a party at her house. (y/n) wasn't big on parties but Katie was forcing the poor girl to go.

Katie was a big person on dressing up nice and fancy but (y/n) she didn't care to much for it. So she just straight up. Wore black skinnies, a black shirt then a jacket that she zipped up. She had slipped her black vans on before putting on a beanie and heading out to the party. She was going to hate this. Being at parties made her annoyed because everyone would be dancing which means she gets pushed around or shoved in all the dancing.

Once she got to the party she entered the kitchen and greets the people. She walks to Katie before sitting up on the counter. "glade you could make it (y/n)" she said with a cheeky smile. (y/n) sighed softly. "it's not like a really had a choice." she said as she looks over and sees Max who was dressed very nice like. (y/n) glared as him. He was talking to some people. Why was it that every guy she met was always fancy when it came to parties, she didn't understand it.

A couple hours passed and (y/n) continued to stay by herself. She ignored half the people as she just played on her phone until she heard someone say "(y/n) dance with me." and when she looked up she saw Max. She looked at him and then back at her phone. "No." she said not looking up. Max continued to stand there. "go away." she said. "not until you dance with me (y/n)" he replied as he stood there.

(y/n) looked up at him and growled. "one dance and that's it, then you leave me alone for the rest of the night understood?" she said. He nods with a smile. (y/n) stands up and places her phone in her jacket pocket. When they went to where everyone was dancing oddly enough Katie decided to put on a slow dance. (y/n) glared at Katie before max and her began to slow dance

(y/n) didn't make eye contact with max was so ever. She avoided any questions that Max had thrown out there. Max seemed kind of annoyed by the questions being avoided because he stopped moving. "if you really don't want to dance then just go sit by your self again." he said. He didn't have the happy smile he normally wore.

(y/n) looked at him surprised by this. "wait what?" she asked confused. "You heard me (y/n) I don't want to dance with you if your going to ignore me" he said and removed his hands from her and walked away.

Shocked by the change of Max's audited (y/n) stood there unable to move.

The rest of the night the two didn't talk or look at each other. For some reason (y/n) felt like something was way out of place.