Chapter 12

Poe wrapped his arms around you again, trying to keep you warm. "You can fly back to the base and get help, right," you asked, your voice starting to shake. "I'm not going to leave you," Poe argued. "And by now, my fuel's probably frozen too. I might have just enough to send an alert to the base and ask for help."

Poe took his jacket off and wrapped it around you before running back to his X-wing. He came back a few minutes later, but it felt like forever. "Let's go see if we can find shelter. It's going to be a little while before they come for us," Poe said as he grabbed your hand and headed off to find a cave.

You found one a few minutes later and practically ran into it. Poe kept his arms wrapped tightly around you, trying to keep you warm. You turned to face him and put your hands on his cheeks. "You're freezing, Poe," you said quietly. "I-I know..," he stuttered. "You're going to freeze to death," you said, quickly taking off his jacket and putting it back on him, leaving you with just your leather jacket now.

You sat down on the ground, pulling Poe down next to you. You quickly wrapped your arms around him and he wrapped his arms around you. The two of you sat there, cuddling for warmth.

"(Y/N)...," Poe said quietly. "Yes Poe," you answered. "W-we've b-been ta..talking around t-this for so long," Poe started. You held him tighter. "You're getting hypothermia," you said quietly. "I d-don't care," he said.

"I l-love you (Y/N)," he continued. "W-we've avoided t-t-this f...for s-so long..." You stared at him for a minute. "I love you t-too Poe," you said quietly. A tear ran down your cheek and you buried your face in the crook of Poe's neck. "D-don't cr-cry, doll.....," Poe said, gently holding your hand. "No. Poe. I'm going to cry. This is all my fault," you said, sitting up and looking at him. "I don't want to lose you."

"T-tiger, y-you're not... You're not g-going t-to lose m-me," Poe said, his breathing getting shallow. "Yes I am," you cried into his shoulder. Poe muttered something and you looked up at him. He quickly leaned in and kissed you. You kissed him back. "Y-you're not going to l-lose m-me," he said quietly, resting his forehead and nose against yours.