Chapter 20

"What time is it," Poe continued. "Way too late for you to be sleeping," you said with a laugh, sitting next to him. He wrapped his arms around your waist and laid back, pulling you down too. "How are you gonna make it up to me," he asked, burying his face in the crook of your neck. "I haven't figured it out yet," he chuckled. He groaned and you kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry, I've been a bit busy," you continued. "I haven't had the opportunity to sleep all day and do nothing like you do." You could feel Poe smile and you chuckled.

Poe wrapped his arms tighter around your waist. "Let's just spend the rest of the day in bed," he said quietly. You chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "Let me change out of my flight suit then," you said. Poe groaned and let go of you. "Stop being a baby," you laughed as you stood up. You went to the bathroom and quickly changed into a tank top and sweatpants before laying down next to Poe again. He wrapped his arms around you and started to kiss up your neck to your cheek. You smiled and closed your eyes, putting your head on his chest.

"I love you," Poe said quietly. You smiled widely and looked up at him. "I love you too Poe," you said back. Poe smiled and looked down at you. "We should go back to Yavin," you said after a minute. "I miss Kes." Poe sighed. "I miss him too," he said quietly. You held his hand and sighed. "How long has it been since you saw your dad," you asked. "Since I left to join the Resistance," he answered. You sat up and slowly stood up. "Alright. Get your lazy butt out of bed, we're going to visit your dad," you said. Poe groaned and slowly stood up. You grabbed a change of clothes and changed. Poe got changed as well and the two of you headed out to the hangar.

"Can I fly," Poe asked. "No, I'm flying," you answered. Poe didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Can I fly," he asked again. "No," you laughed. This went on the whole time the two of you were walking to the ship. You practically pushed Poe onto the ship and took a seat in the pilot seat. "I want to fly the ship," Poe complained before sitting on your lap. You laughed and tried to push him off you. "You always get to fly. Let me do it for once. Be the copilot this time," you argued. Poe chuckled and kissed your forehead. "Alright, fine," he said before going to sit in the copilot seat.

You rolled your eyes and pressed a few buttons on the console in front of you before taking off. "You better not crash," Poe said, sitting back in his seat. "I will purposely crash land on Jakku if you keep annoying me," you teased, looking over at your boyfriend. "You heard about that," he asked, raising an eyebrow. You chuckled. "I hear about everything, Dameron," you answered. "That's just wonderful," he laughed softly. "What else have you heard about me?" You smirked and glanced over at him. "All good things," you answered. "They better be," Poe laughed. You rolled your eyes and not too long later, you were back on Yavin 4.

Woooo! I'm back with this story! And guess what?

I'm writing a Finn x Reader because honestly, Finn doesn't get enough attention. Like there are no reader-inserts for him on here, so I decided to write one.