Fun Facts

1)   Guard the Heart was completed during July's Camp NaNo in 2015, and ended up being 30,067 words long.

2)   The ending was changed three times, each revision becoming longer than the next. First, it ended at what you all know as Chapter Seven, in which they made up on the beach and got back together. Second, it ended a scene or two later where instead of them splitting off, Connor drove her home and spent the night. The final ending is the one we see here on Wattpad.

3)   This is probably the only story I've pantsed almost completely. I literally knew nothing about the characters or the plot going in. The story came to me as I went along.

4)   My favorite character happens to be Asher, despite the mere two scenes he is in.

5)   Originally, GtH was going to be dual POV, but I trashed that idea after writing Connor's first chapter and realizing that he revealed too much information through his thoughts about their relationship. He needed the layer of mystery for suspense.

6)    Scenes that included references to either Jurassic Park or Spirit were placed because I either happened to be watching those movies or listening to the scores at the time I was writing those chapters, and well... I had some inspiration from that.

7)    I'm super glad that all of you enjoyed this story and supported it every step of the way. Thank you for all your support! I totally appreciate all the enthusiasm that encouraged me to continue on. Hope you enjoyed this small fun facts bit as a behind the scenes peek into my writing mind and Guard the Heart!

a/n: if you have any more questions about my writing or this story, ask me in the comments! i'd love to answer them.