Chapter 2: "My Dream?"

{Adriatic's POV}

That song, I know that song…..how do I know that song?” why am I heading towards the water?……..how long have I been under the water?……that song, there it is again……I want to follow it…..strange, I can breathe…..I don’t remember putting on an oxygen tank…….I didn’t know I could swim this quickly either……are those clown fish?……these rock formations are beautiful……..*gasp* uh oh…..it’s a shark!……what do I do? Its so damn close……its coming towards me……its going to eat me!….its!…..its!……passing me?…..why did it pass me? It was like it didn’t care that I was there……aren’t sharks dangerous? I don’t get it…..it should have attacked me…..shouldn’t it of?……..oh, I forgot about the song I was following…….oops…….is it just me or is it getting darker?….should I be scared?……..hey, what’s that thing up a head?…..it looks like a weird fish but I can’t get a good look at it….huh, that’s funny……its sounds almost as if, the fish is the one singing….but that can’t be…….oh my g*d….why are there so many sharks…..how far out am I?…..no way! Is that what I think it is?……no, it can’t be……a mermaid?……is she the one singing, have I been trapped by a siren’s song?…….wait, she stopped…..she’s waving at me….does she want me to follow her?……wow, is that Atlantis or something….hey! Wait for me…..holy crap, this place is amazing….hey….where are you going?…….what is this stuff…..I’ve never seen plants like these before…..is that….is that an underwater kingdom?……why do I feel connected to it…..wait, no….hold on….I want to go closer!….wait!

I woke up with sweat all over my forehead….eew….I got up and headed for my bathroom to shower. Afterwards I headed back into my room, the clock read six. I sighed, and decided that I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep now. So I threw on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt and headed downstairs. Michael and Simon were both still on the couch. They weren’t in the exact same positions that they were in when I had went to bed, if anything though they looked like they had snuggled closer to each other. I headed for the kitchen, for some reason I was really thirsty. I took out a glass from the cabinet and filled it up with water from the tap…..I drank it down pretty quickly…..I was still thirsty…..after about seven cups of water….the edge was finally off a bit from my thirst….eight more glasses of water and I no longer was thirsty at all. I set the cup down onto the counter and headed back into the living room. I barely stopped myself from laughing…..Michael was awake and he had a scared and a ‘I don’t know what to do’ look on his face…..he realized I was there after a few seconds and mouthed at me to help him….I shook my head and smirked at him before sitting down in an armchair. He made a distressed face then a panicking one when Simon started moving but he didn’t wake up, just snuggled farther into Michael’s chest…..I whispered quietly to Michael.

“Enjoy it while you can, if he starts to wake up close your eyes and pretend to still be sleeping. He looked at me for a few seconds before nodding his head and rewrapping his arms around Simon. I stood up and decided to head on back upstairs, grabbing a book off my bookshelf, I crawled back into bed….turning on my bedside lap.

I heard movement from the room down the hall which meant that dad was getting up to make breakfast…..today was Sunday so I probably won’t be seeing my mom around the house today unless I went into my parents’ bedroom. I finished up the chapter that I was on and then headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to find Simon and Michael already at the kitchen table….both with blushes on their faces….I wonder how that had gone, I’ll have to ask Michael…..my dad was making French toast today going by the smell. I sat down next to Simon, across from Michael……a few minutes later my dad set a plate of French toast along with a drink of either orange juice or milk, in front of the three of us. Then he headed upstairs with a tray of food for my mom. A couple moments later, dad came back down with Anna behind him, carrying her bunny which I think she’s a bit too old for…..Anna sat down next to Michael and dad gave her a plate and drink too.